Issues with radiofeed 2.5 - mount numbers and won't reconnect automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I'm using radiofeed version 2.5 for a feed and for some time now when I go to listen to the feed using anything like itunes or winamp etc. it will display the mount numbers in the player, and not a title of the feed like it use to. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Also I have the Auto-reconnect 10sec checked and it never will reconnect. If the machine crashes or if the wireless loses connection, the Radiofeed client will go into a state that either says 'Connect' or 'Cancel' and it never connects. I have to always manually click either the connect or cancel button to get it to change to 'disconnect'. It never use to have this problem but it's becoming annoying having to remote in all the time just to reconnect to radioreference.

Any solutions?

DC31

Feed Provider
I'm using radiofeed version 2.5 for a feed and for some time now when I go to listen to the feed using anything like itunes or winamp etc. it will display the mount numbers in the player, and not a title of the feed like it use to. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Also I have the Auto-reconnect 10sec checked and it never will reconnect. If the machine crashes or if the wireless loses connection, the Radiofeed client will go into a state that either says 'Connect' or 'Cancel' and it never connects. I have to always manually click either the connect or cancel button to get it to change to 'disconnect'. It never use to have this problem but it's becoming annoying having to remote in all the time just to reconnect to radioreference.

Any solutions?

Nexus, i am sorry, i have no experience with radiofeed at all so i can't help with your question.

The input that i have for you, however, is that if you are interested in reliability of your feed, consider using the Raspberry Pi (see thread titled "Scanner feed using Raspberry Pi ?" in the Live Audio Feed Administration Forum). I have two of them running now and they are rock solid. And they draw less than 10 watts each. They can be set up to auto restart the feed if the program were to somehow stop (mine never have.) My pi's are also set up to auto restart upon power restoration after it goes off. Plug the scanner, the pi, and your internet connection into a small UPS and you will have a setup that will only go down when the ISP crashes.

Setting up the pi can be a little daunting as it runs linux. However, there are others out there like myself who are glad to help.

Jim

nexus

I appreciate the input. I feed metadata to the server so I need to use a client that allows that. It's my understanding that there isn't anything for linux that will do that. Also there really isn't anything wrong with the computer I'm using. The program however won't reconnect after a disconnection like it should. The ISP could go down, or in most cases the wireless signal drops and loses connectivity causing RadioFeed 2.5 to disconnect and then instead of reconnecting it goes to 'cancel' and never connects.

I've considered the Pi and pico pc etc. in the past. Maybe if someone makes a feed client with the features I need for linux I'd switch.

DC31

Feed Provider
I appreciate the input. I feed metadata to the server so I need to use a client that allows that. It's my understanding that there isn't anything for linux that will do that. Also there really isn't anything wrong with the computer I'm using. The program however won't reconnect after a disconnection like it should. The ISP could go down, or in most cases the wireless signal drops and loses connectivity causing RadioFeed 2.5 to disconnect and then instead of reconnecting it goes to 'cancel' and never connects.

I've considered the Pi and pico pc etc. in the past. Maybe if someone makes a feed client with the features I need for linux I'd switch.

Are alpha tags and metadata the same thing?

http://forums.radioreference.com/st...ner-audio-feeds-raspberry-pi.html#post1986614

nexus

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Interesting, I didn't know someone had tackled that issue and made a solution. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.