Background noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpeme1

Hello all. If u listen to my feed you will here what I'm talking about. It's that static in the feed. Any ideas how to fix? It's fayette county wv. Thanks for any ideas. John

Last edited:

DC31

Feed Provider
Hello all. If u listen to my feed you will here what I'm talking about. It's that static in the feed. Any ideas how to fix? It's fayette county wv. Thanks for any ideas. John

Yup, i wouldn't want to listen to that for long! Try turning the volume knob down on the scanner. Then adjust volume in the settings on the computer.

DC31

Feed Provider

Oh, yeah. One computer that i was using for a feed had something called AGC. Taking the check mark out of the box for that made a big difference. If you find something called AGC try disabling it.

kdfederer

You may want to check the input of your computer. If it is microphone input, that will give you background noise as the computer is trying to power the "mic" and will cause a lot of noise because of a power conflict.
It needs to be an audio input, as the scanner output has it's own power source, and will not cause a power conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.