Best scanner audio recording/backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
What is the best free and easy to use scanner audio recording and backup software. It would be helpful if the software allowed me to recall audio from a specific time. Recommendations?

rbm

I like ScanRec. (SR Pro)

You can set it up for VOX operation and have it create a new file for every hour as shown in the 'File Settings' image below.
Then you just go back to the date and time you want to review.

Here's a screen capture of the desktop on one of my seven computers that run my scanners 24x7.

This computer is running Windows XP. I have a mix of Windows XP and Windows 7 (64 bit) machines. (All of them on a network here.)

On this computer I'm logging four scanners, streaming two scanners, and listening to six.
My other computers all look similar and I can log 20-30 scanners at one time.

(It's running four instances of SR Pro and monitoring a number of my feeds.)

Rich

Attachments

• SR Pro File Settings.gif
    SR Pro File Settings.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 847

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadly, the author of Scanner Recorder appears to have disappeared. There are sites out there which have Scanner Recorder and SR Pro available for download, but SR Pro requires an authorization code and, to the best of my knowledge, the author isn't responding to those requests.

rbm

I thought the code was only for access to the download site.

I'll have to search my archives to see if I can find my original purchase info.

Rich

AK9R

Super Moderator
The davee.com site that you may have downloaded the program from years ago is no longer associated with Scanner Recorder or Scanner Recorder Pro.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If you can break away from free, ProScan isn't bad and I use that program. If you disable COM and use only audio, it will work just fine and isn't limited to Unidens. It cost $50 for a license.

korpseofdeath

So is there nowhere to download it? Any other suggestions?

I have been using SR PRO (Sound Recorder Pro) for years. I love the program, and use it on all my feeds and scanners. I still have the installation files for it, if you would like them..? I guess the author lost touch one way or another. I did pay $10 dollars for it years ago, but I am not willing to make money off of someone else's work. I'm happy I saved all my files, for when they go obsolete like this.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Scanner Recorder and Scanner Recorder Pro (SR Pro) had two features that were very useful to scanner listeners.

1. A very effective voice-activated recording system. If there was no audio on the input, it didn't save any data so you wouldn't have long blank spaces in your recording. The program was smart enough to "back up" for a brief amount of time when it started so that the beginning of the audio wouldn't be clipped.
  2. A time recording method so you could see a running time of day clock while the recording was being played back.
Any replacement program would need to have those features, in my opinion.

socoscanner

I have been using SR PRO (Sound Recorder Pro) for years. I love the program, and use it on all my feeds and scanners. I still have the installation files for it, if you would like them..? I guess the author lost touch one way or another. I did pay $10 dollars for it years ago, but I am not willing to make money off of someone else's work. I'm happy I saved all my files, for when they go obsolete like this.

I too am looking to try to use SR PRO! I have been looking for several months and have yet to come up with what I need...hopefully this is it.

rcool101

Feed Provider
You ever try the Archives in Broadcastify? Its Free, since your a feed provider. Its already recording. It goes back 6 months. You can select the date and time in 1/2 hour intervals. I use it all the time when I find out I missed something. No setup. You can check anybodies feed back 6 mos.

socoscanner

I would, but my scanning computer is not connected to the internet and I am just looking for a good vox recorder to skip all the silence and listen to the good stuff...still havent found SR Pro :( or any other good program at low to no cost...

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
You could use RadioLog. It does require an internet connection to install, but after that it does not. It has VOX and fixed-length recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.