Two Tone Detect, silent audio in email

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I am using two tone detect, and it is receiving the audio and properly detecting the tones, but when i get the emails the audio is just silent, no matter what i play it on. Any ideas?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Ok the audio is actually being sent, it is just so quiet you can barely hear it, with volume full up it is still so quiet I could just barely make out the talking. The input to the computer is full volume and scanner recorder shows the levels almost into the red. Any idea why two tone detect is outputting such quiet files?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ok the audio is actually being sent, it is just so quiet you can barely hear it, with volume full up it is still so quiet I could just barely make out the talking. The input to the computer is full volume and scanner recorder shows the levels almost into the red. Any idea why two tone detect is outputting such quiet files?

Are you certain that TTD is using the correct audio input? The same as scanner recorder? Sometimes there is "crosstalk" between audio devices/inputs. For example, TTD may be monitoring the mic in while your scanner is plugged into the line in jack. In this case there may be some "crosstalk" that TTD hears and triggers on but the audio is very low. This is just one possibility, but I would suspect the problem is somewhere in the audio input settings.

Andy

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I checked the audio settings, and the input setting in two tone is correct. I have tried using both the line in and the mic in, both have sound so quiet you can barely hear it at full volume. I don't know what to do next?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I assume there is no way to boost the audio through the program. I tried turning up the line in volume to no avail. Any other ideas.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
When you start up TwoToneDetect, does it show the correct input, or do you have to reselect the input you want each time it starts? If you have to reselect it, make sure you exit the program using the "Exit" button on the main screen (not the "x" in the corner) to save the setting. The new input you've selected won't be used until you restart the program.

Andy

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I made sure the correct input is selected and have done tests with it to make sure and it is still really quiet while sound recorder is getting great volume.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I tried it on my laptop and the audio is fine, but it super quiet on my desktop. I have Realtek HD audio on my desktop. Any further ideas? I have scanner plugged in through line in, and i can hear the sound through my pc speakers so i know it is working. Two Tone shows audio levels, and i have it set to audio input (Line in RealTek), and output (speakers RealTek).

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I think the issue may be that my two tone detect is not actually changing to the input i select. I see alot of people saying restart two tone when you change the input setting, but when i do it just defaults back to microsoft sound mapper, and not what i selected before restarting. Is that normal. Also, i notice nothing comes up in the debug menu when i switch inputs saying they have switched, do they normally?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I think the issue may be that my two tone detect is not actually changing to the input i select. I see alot of people saying restart two tone when you change the input setting, but when i do it just defaults back to microsoft sound mapper, and not what i selected before restarting. Is that normal. Also, i notice nothing comes up in the debug menu when i switch inputs saying they have switched, do they normally?

No, that's not normal. Make sure you have full read/write permission to the folder that TTD is in, like a folder on your desktop. It sounds like the program isn't able to save the config file for some reason.

Andy

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I fixed the issue and it now saves the input, but the sound is still extreamly quiet in the emails while everything else is getting the audio at full volime.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I've had these issues too.

Seems like when I close program with the window 'x' it won't save changed settings. But it will save the settings if the exit/close button in the middle of the window is clicked.

Don't know if that sounds reasonable or not, but it seems to work like that for me.

Once I got it configured right I got audio again.

Last edited:

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
ok the input changing is not the problem. It is using the same input that scanner recorder pro listens to and its in the red as far as levels go in SC pro, but two tone still outputs files where i have to put my volume all the way up to hear them. any ideas?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Alright, I have Radio Feed and TTD set-up and running, same computer, scanner, input, etc. Currently I am listening to the Live feed, when Dispatch sends tones out, I recieve them, and then receive the dispatch audio, as one would. However, when I receieve the TTD page, there is nothing but static on the page, even though I heard the page on the live feed... Any idea's?? It gets annoying after awhile.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Alright, I have Radio Feed and TTD set-up and running, same computer, scanner, input, etc. Currently I am listening to the Live feed, when Dispatch sends tones out, I recieve them, and then receive the dispatch audio, as one would. However, when I receieve the TTD page, there is nothing but static on the page, even though I heard the page on the live feed... Any idea's?? It gets annoying after awhile.

I had a similar problem once on a Dell computer when trying to use the onboard sound card. It would work sometimes but do something like what you're describing other times. I never did get it figured out, I switched to a cheap USB sound card instead and that worked fine for me.

Andy

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I had a similar problem once on a Dell computer when trying to use the onboard sound card. It would work sometimes but do something like what you're describing other times. I never did get it figured out, I switched to a cheap USB sound card instead and that worked fine for me.

Andy

I believe I am going to buy a USB Sound Adapter, as I don't believe this computer is running with one, just the onboard sound card.

goode552

Same Issue

I believe I am going to buy a USB Sound Adapter, as I don't believe this computer is running with one, just the onboard sound card.

I have the same issue, It just started after I started using the V65. It works sometimes and sometimes not. When you listen to the recording you can tell with someone keys up the mic but its just like dead air. Please let me know if the new sound card works, I too am using a Dell OptiPlex 160.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I have the same issue, It just started after I started using the V65. It works sometimes and sometimes not. When you listen to the recording you can tell with someone keys up the mic but its just like dead air. Please let me know if the new sound card works, I too am using a Dell OptiPlex 160.

Correct, exact same issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.