Proscan.exe Trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

My Windows 7 Feed PC running ProScan and NAV has detected a Trojan Suspicious.Cloud.9 in proscan.exe. Anyone else see this from their Virus/Anti-Malware detection software and ProScan? NAV is preventing me from running ProScan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

My Windows 7 Feed PC running ProScan and NAV has detected a Trojan Suspicious.Cloud.9 in proscan.exe. Anyone else see this from their Virus/Anti-Malware detection software and ProScan? NAV is preventing me from running ProScan.

The false positive has been reported to Norton. Waiting for a response from them.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I suspect their latest virus definition caused this as today got a few emails on this.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Yes. Using latest Virus Definitions, (software auto updates.)
Suspicious.Cloud.9 is what NIS flags as part of ProScan.
The issue happens during install. NIS will stop the installation after flagging an .exe of ProScan.

lep

My virus scanner does not alarm on Pro Scan and I update daily. (of course my backups are to a local removable drive, not to a Cloud). With the many users on these forums, I have to believe this is a False Positive.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
False positive virus

Try running Trend Micro Housecall and see what results you get. I have had very good results using this program on computers that had older software or couldn't run the installed antivirus because it was disabled by the infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.