Two Tone Detect and Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I know another local police scanner organization uses two tone detect with audioboo.com, where they use boomail to upload clips by email that are then posted to their twitter. I am trying to do the same thing but it isnt working for me. I don;t know if anyone else has tried this. If noone else has, does anyone else have an alternate solution. I just want it so when two tone detect detects the tone for the fire department, it posts the 30 second dispatch clip onto my twitter feed.

Thanks!

frazpo

I know another local police scanner organization uses two tone detect with audioboo.com, where they use boomail to upload clips by email that are then posted to their twitter. I am trying to do the same thing but it isnt working for me. I don;t know if anyone else has tried this. If noone else has, does anyone else have an alternate solution. I just want it so when two tone detect detects the tone for the fire department, it posts the 30 second dispatch clip onto my twitter feed.

Thanks!

I was just reading on this a week or so ago.

Easily connect Raspberry Pi to Gmail, Facebook, Twitter & more! | MitchTech

EDIT - Sorry I thought you were using the PI version. May not help you.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Yea, I'm using it through my desktop, I need a way to post the audio dispatch clips from two tone to twitter automatically.

frazpo

I am curious as to why you want to use twitter? Does twitter support audio clips? I use twitter frequently and have never known this to be possible or if so ever used. I an assuming this is what audio boom is doing?

frazpo

Have you looked into tweety mail? You may have to do some mail fwding but it may be possible.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I use twitter cause I live tweet the important things I hear on the scanner. And no twitter does not support audio clips. That is why I was trying to use audioboo.com which I was supposed to be able to email audio to as an attachment, and it would post the link to twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.