Broadcasting multiple feeds from one pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

krantzc93

Feed Provider
Is there a good way to broadcast two feeds from one pc? I was able to open two icecast windows on my desktop how ever the typical inputs (mic and line) would just bleed into eachother. Would purchasing a usb line in (mic) jack allow me to split the two "channels" so I can select my built in jack for one feed and select a usb jack for my second feed? Basically I want one dedicated scanner "scanner 1" linked through what we'll call "default jack" (buillt in line in or mic) to provide audio for "feed 1" and another dedicated scanner "scanner 2" for a second feed we'll call "feed 2" using the usb jack which I'll call "usb jack 1". Sorry for the specific labeling! I figured it may help break down the explanation process.

rbm

I've provided as many as six feeds on one computer.
Now I typically run fewer feeds on each of seven computers.

Below is a desktop screen capture of one of my oldest XP computers.
It's providing 3 feeds using ScannerCast, logging 4 feeds with ScanRec Pro, and listening to 7 feeds with WINAMP.

I have at least two sound cards in all of my computers. Four in most of them.

One thing you don't want to try is run multiple, identical sound cards. You can wind up with conflicts and/or lots of confusion.

This particular computer is providing two feeds using sound cards and one using a USB sound device.
C-Media, NVIDIA, and a generic SSS USB Headphone Set that I bought a dozen of a few years ago.

By the way, if you're wondering how I keep it all straight ....... I have a cheat sheet of all my feeds and computers in MS Word format.

Rich

krantzc93

Feed Provider
I attached an image of my screen.

Attachments

• 20140420_082953_zpsiodnruwd.jpg
    20140420_082953_zpsiodnruwd.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 211

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Im running 4 feeds on one PC, Plus Decoding Pocsag with PDW.. I use 3 Identical sound cards and 2 USB plug in audio cards plus the built in as my monitor audio output.. No real issues with conflicts on my Dell PC.. Just my .02..

Status
Not open for further replies.