ProScan Free recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Are you supposed to be able to record with the free version of ProScan, because the comm port tab isn't working?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I think i may need some special drivers since i am using the usb cable for my 996XT. It works with freescan and scannercast, but i think proscan isn't detecting it. If that is the case, anyone know what drivers i need?

jasonk

Feed Provider
You need the Full Version of Pro Scan - not the Client. The drivers are for the Cable - not the program ...so if the cable is detected by other programs - then you should have no problem. Make sure the other programs are closed - or the Com Port wont be available to Pro Scan.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that audio is not carried on the COM port connection - you need a separate connection for that....Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are you supposed to be able to record with the free version of ProScan, because the comm port tab isn't working?

You're asking about the free ProScan Client. That is for connecting to ProScan Remote Scanner Over IP servers. It will record the server audio. The free ProScan Client does not connect to the scanner directly so therefore the comm port will not have any effect.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Where in the program do you set the audio device to record from?

Are you setting up a ProScan Remote Scanner Over IP server and the free ProScan Client to listen to the server audio?

If using the free ProScan client then there is no setting as the Recorder records only the incoming audio from the internet and not from the sound card.

If using ProScan then go to the "Audio Control" tab and then the "Recorder" tab to select the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.