RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Can't wait.. bought RadioLog for my main PC...but now need to move it to a virtual recording server and without being able to contact the licensing server I am dead in the water.

Chris
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2017, 1:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbendick View Post
So some good news and some bad news.

As everyone knows Joe shutdown his site and stopped production of his software.
However we made a version of the source code available, I was able to compile the source into a working program.

So good news is that I was able to get the program running on a PC that never had it before.
The bad news is that something in the code or my setup is not correct and causing an error.

The code is not the same as the version I purchased, there are some minor changes. For example the Motorola Turbo option is not there. So I don't know how much this version was tested and if it is a 100% working code.

The first time I tried to compile the source, the program would crash because I was missing a file. After I fixed that issue, the program does run and work.

So at this point I am trouble shooting the code/my configuration and trying to find the source of the issues. What I was able to figure out today is that the log file fills up and once full the program crashes.

The message in the log, if anyone has an idea what it means, I haven't figured it out yet.
[Gray] - Sound Sample Byte: 0 = False
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbendick View Post
So far I have had the software running since the last post without crashing.

The software seems to be in verbose logging mode. I was able to comment out the lines of code that was causing the most issues for me. Seemed like it was logging every bite of audio. .
It would fill the hard drive and crash.

With those lines of code removed now it is just logging standard stuff and MDC id's. Going to remove these lines also as the MDC ids get logged into another file.

The log is set to a 50mb limit but it's check only when the program starts. Once running the log was running away.
Now after a few days the log is just under 1mb.
Think with removing the extra logging, we should be good to go.

The next step after this is to figure out the licensing to make sure I can release it. Joe left some instructions, now have make sure I understand it all properly.

Final thoughts.

The basic functions of the program are working with the exception of the ability to use a turbo radio as a modem.
Any updates? What is the possibility of making this open source and freeware/shareware instead of some licensing system? My main use is for running multiple feeds at one time, and the recording features.
Old 04-05-2017, 2:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I can't wait to see what you come up with as well. I had intended to buy this program to run Multiple scanners in on different sound cards along with the online streams I monitor. Sadly, he had closed up shop when I was ready to get setup. I will be waiting.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:28 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have notice trying to add a feed with RR the database doesn't populate all the way but on my other computer with radio log it does.

I also tried adding feeds to the iOS app and the app just closes out
Old 04-28-2017, 7:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Has anyone ran into issues recording over 10 feeds/line in connections?

I plan to split all my radio feeds to the speakers and to the software once I am able to move it to another computer.

Chris
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2017, 11:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Any updates on the progress of the open source version of this?
Old 06-01-2017, 8:59 AM

Default RadioLog, is there a download available.

Is there a download available ? I would like to try this software for logging MDC1200 PTT ID.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I saw a few people talking about this being brought back to life. Has anyone found a download, or is there an old copy of the setup files somewhere? I imagine it would be no good without the ability to register. Has anyone had any luck getting the source files up and running?

Tags
feed url, logging, software, streaming, streaming audio