Scannercast setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've been using Scannercast for ages it seems and it works flawlessly... However I'm changing some of my hardware around and I've run into a snag. Here's my basic setup: I'm using 2 radios, one sitting on a trunked system control channel, the other on a local fire channel. Both audio streams are coming into the pc on a stereo connection. Left channel goes to TwoToneDetect for fire paging, right channel goes to UniTrunker. All is good with the world. What I want to do now is also stream the left channel ONLY using Scannercast but it appears there isn't a way to specify which channel to pick the audio from. When I first fired up the stream all I was getting was the control channel from the right side. Ok... no problem, I'll just swap left and right inputs and reconfigure them in the other programs.... nope. Scannercast seems to grab the channel that's active (which is of course the control channel) and runs with it.

So I switched to RadioFeed by ProScan... I does what I want (lets me mute the right channel basically) but.... now I can't stream to my phone using the Scanner911 app (it always says the feed is down). I presume this is because the webserver is offering up the stream via the .m3u file.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I would seperate the two inputs altogether but this PC is crazy fussy when it comes to audio devices. Line in and USB audio dongle at once? Nuh-uh. Two USB dongles at once? No way... It's one or nothing it seems, which is very annoying!

Bullmax

Do you have room for a 2nd sound card in your computer. They are really cheap and might fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.