review time stamped recorded audio files

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA7DMZ

I am wondering if anyone has a better way to view my timestamped audio recordings from a linux server with a web browser.
At the moment I am having them dumped into folders tiered like $RADIONAME/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/$DATE-TIME.mp3 and viewing them using the default ugly apache file directory listings. This has worked for a long time but I keep finding myself wishing I could clean it up a bit.

I had an idea involving a calander type interface that you could click/tap on the month/day and have it zoom to the next view where the audio could be displayed in a context where longer files would take up more space (with a waveform maybe?) and the space between them could be relative to the actual time between the recordings.

Ive spend many hours over the last weeks trying to find something similar and so far I havent seen anything.
Is this something you have come across or would be interested in?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-11-29 12:51:25.jpg
    Screenshot from 2014-11-29 12:51:25.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 250

Bullmax

This should clean it up a bit. Make a .php file and put the following code in it. Put this file in the root of your directory. Change the "recordings" folder path to the folder you store the files in. (There are 2 instances of "recordings").

<html>
<head>
<title>
Archives
</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function(){
$('a').click(function(){
$(window).scrollTo('a[name=' + this.hash.substring(1) + ']');
return false;
});
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper" style="width: 100%; height: 90%; overflow: auto; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;">
<center>
<font size="2"><br />
<a name="top" href="#bottom">Go to Bottom</a><br /><br />
<?php
$files = glob( './recordings/*.{mp3}', GLOB_BRACE );

foreach ( $files as $file )
{
echo
'<a href="./recordings/' . basename( $file ) . '" target="_blank">'
. basename( $file ) . '</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br />';
}
?>
<br />
<form><input type=button value="Refresh" onClick="window.location.reload()"></form> <br />
<a name="bottom" href="#top">Go to Top</a>
</font>
</center>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.