Hardware Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxx

Hello

I broadcast 6 feeds using a couple of pci audio cards and 4 external usb audio devices.

I'm upgrading my computer, and rather than having to deal with (and find) multiple drivers for these devices, as I'm moving up to Windows 7 from XP, I was hoping to combine the audio from all 6 scanners into one device.

I don't care if this is an internal audio card capable of handling the 6 inputs, or some external audio device, but I would like just one unit.

Can anyone suggest anything in this area?

Thanks,
Peter
Region of Waterloo Live Scanners

jland138

If you have a PCI slot available on your system, the discontinued M-Audio - Delta 1010LT has analog 8 ins and outs on each card with good drivers for Windows 7. You can find them new-old-stock or used at various places on the web. Two of the 8 analog audio ports have XLR connectors and are strapped for microphone line level input, but you can easily change jumpers on the card for line level input. Generally a used 1010LT with breakout cable is about $100. If you buy one used, be sure your purchase includes the breakout cable with all of the audio connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.