Feed Sounds Like Crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

I pulled my BCD536HP and plugged in my BCT15x and now my audio sounds HORRIBLE.

Not sure what happened but I've pretty much tried to adjust what i could with no luck.

Any Suggestions?

Erie County Sheriff Dispatch

Many radios have a DC bias on the audio output lines. It may take adding a capacitor to block the DC on the audio your feeding to the computer. You can take a voltmeter and measure the line your using from the center pin to the shell on the cable your connecting into the computer. If you have a voltage, just add the capacitor in series with the center pin (hot wire). Use something on the order of a 1.0 to a 3.3 uf capacitor. the voltage rating should be at least the 12 volts or 15 volts the radio has for a power source. You will probably find the voltage is a positive one, so put the positive side of the cap towards the radio and the negative towards the computer.

Nysff

I'm using the "Record" Port on the scanner and have that plugged into the Blue input jack on the rear of the computer. Thats the way I have always had it and never had it sound like it does now.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Many radios have a DC bias on the audio output lines.

It doesn't sound (or look) like there is a DC bias in the audio. I personally think the audio sounds fairly clean and well tuned when compared to the many feeds that has it cranked way up and overmodulated. Then again, I don't know what the feed sounded like when the 536HP was providing the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.