Feed provider issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Hi,

I'm currently feeding using ScannerCast on a XP Pro SP3+fixes. I'm using SDR (UT & DSD+) and it works fine.

I tried to use an Uniden 396XT with ScannerCast on another XP Pro SP3+fixes system. I can hear the scanner audio coming through the system's speakers. However, even though ScannerCast says everything is fine (Scanner is connected & I'm connected to server) - I cannot hear the audio nor see the tags when I connect to my own feed. I tried the Web Player & MSFT Media Player.

Can't figure this out & I've been trying to straighten this out since Sunday...

Any help would be appreciated!

joeuser

The Wretched
I forgot to mention- I had three options to choose from for the audio from the scanner & none of them worked.

1. Primary Sound Capture Device(0)
2. Realtek AC97 audio (1)
3. Virtual cable (2)

Tried all three multiple times & nothing was ever heard - nor seen (Tags) when I hooked up to the feed...

I have the feed coming from the headphones (on top of the 396XT) to my baby blue LINE IN jack...

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Open your volume mixer and check the RECORDING settings... you have to set the input, unmute and levels there, as opposed to the PLAYBACK settings which only control what you hear from the speakers.

joeuser

The Wretched
No problem. Hope you get it figured out.

Thanks, I hope so also - thanks for moving my thread to where I could get help. It should make it easier to solve now!

Open your volume mixer and check the RECORDING settings... you have to set the input, unmute and levels there, as opposed to the PLAYBACK settings which only control what you hear from the speakers.

That was it... I never went in to Voice recording on the Sound and Audio Device Properties... Once there I could see my problem... couple of those adjustable bars were all the way down...

Thanks you very much...

Now I don't know if my tags are working... I used the Web Player & Windows Media Player... no tags...

I can see, in the Diagnostic info of ScannerCast, my scanner info...

joeuser

The Wretched
AH HAH! Tags are not available in Windows Media Player or the Web Player.

I tried WinAmp & saw the tag come up with a broadcast...

Anything else that does the tags along with WinAmp?

Status
Not open for further replies.