Background annoyance when recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Anybody have a clue?....I'm recording off my 536HP to Proscan on my desktop and in the background of the otherwise normal recording is a steady electronic beat, medium pitched about 220-240 beats per minutes

teufler

ok, is it on one particular frequency? Do you have florissant lights near by or one the same circuit.? If so, turn off lights and see if quits. Is the noise in day light ort at night? How many bars. No bars, but noise, it is noise from the electrical circuits. Bars, its RF generated. Go around the house, and check ityems. Might be a clock radio or just a clock. The jacks that you have plugged in might have a short. Did you make them up, use an ohm meter and check for a short.

Moose

`I'm at work now but when I get home I will start the elimination process. Anyway, the noise is on all frequencies but only on the recording. It doesn't come across the scanner. No florescent lights in use. No clock radio. I have several scanners running, the wi-fi dongle on the 536HP, the computer, the wireless router, the cable modem.

Moose

Thanks all. I eliminated the problem by recording out from the headphone jack on the front of the scanner vs. the speaker out in the rear. There is no dedicated line out like my 996T. Still don't know what equipment may have caused the interference.

teufler

Congrats, when in doubt try another plug. Possible the scanner was not grounded. If you can, wher thje bolts go for a bracket mount, attach a ground wire, and attach it to the screw in the center of an electrical outlet, the screw that holds the stiker plate on. Not the best but you should hear a drop if the scanner grouding was a problem. The pulsing could be the electrical pulsing of the radio scanning. Florissant would be 60 cycle hum and you were saying about 200 cycle hum. Also are you recording to a recorder ot to the computer making a wav or mp3 file. If its just a recorder you are using, battery powered, its not grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.