TwoToneDetect-using external sound files for alert tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-542

Premium Subscriber
I remember many a year ago you could set TTD to play a .wav file as an alert tone when it detected a page, but, looking at this new one? Is that feature gone? If not how do I utilize it?

DC31

Feed Provider
I remember many a year ago you could set TTD to play a .wav file as an alert tone when it detected a page, but, looking at this new one? Is that feature gone? If not how do I utilize it?

From the description at TwoToneDetect

alert_command – This parameter can be used to point to a windows Batch file (.bat) or other executable file. The file that is specified here will be executed whenever the specified tone set has been detected but before the audio has been recorded. As an example, a batch file could be created that plays a pre-recorded audio file when the page is received.

E-542

Premium Subscriber
From the description at TwoToneDetect

alert_command – This parameter can be used to point to a windows Batch file (.bat) or other executable file. The file that is specified here will be executed whenever the specified tone set has been detected but before the audio has been recorded. As an example, a batch file could be created that plays a pre-recorded audio file when the page is received.

And how does one make a .bat to open a file that's not a .exe? I looked online, but only found things that make .bat files open .exe files or executables, not a .wav sound clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.