Tips/Hints for READING Alpha Tags from a Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschlange

Premium Subscriber
Hey Folks,

Can anyone out there give me some tips or hints about how Broadcastify streams with alpha tags--and how you might pull those out of the stream?

I know it can be done with existing software (Winamp, Broadcastify's web player) but I'm needing to write it into a custom application I'm working on. I just can't seem to find any specifications or examples anywhere that would explain how the alpha tags are included in the stream, and how one might pull them out.

I've looked around on this forum for a while, too, and haven't found anything. But this must have been discussed at some point, somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey Folks,

Can anyone out there give me some tips or hints about how Broadcastify streams with alpha tags--and how you might pull those out of the stream?

I know it can be done with existing software (Winamp, Broadcastify's web player) but I'm needing to write it into a custom application I'm working on. I just can't seem to find any specifications or examples anywhere that would explain how the alpha tags are included in the stream, and how one might pull them out.

I've looked around on this forum for a while, too, and haven't found anything. But this must have been discussed at some point, somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The metadata is embeded in the mp3 stream at the source. Broadcastify which uses Icecast servers passes the audio through to the media players.

Google search "mp3 StreamTitle="

Here is one link SmackFu: Shoutcast Metadata Protocol See the "Step 3: Get the metadata" section.

eschlange

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Bob! That gives me a better starting point than anything else I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.