Proscan to website using web server audio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncfirewire

I am attempting to use the web server in proscan to put my scanner on my website. I have the scanner showing on the webpage and it seems to be working.

My question is when viewers view my scanner do they have to click on " Listen Live" and open up a stream or can they listen just like they would if they used the remote scanner over ip ?

if the can just listen without a stream i am getting no audio and i don't know how to fix it

Thanks
Eric

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Clicking the "Listen Live" link should load the media player and start to play automatically.(See note 1) Make sure the computer file associations "m3u" type is set for your media player using. I have mine set to WinAmp so clicking on the "Listen Live" link load WinAmp and starts playback. Another way of playback is entering in the URL directly in to your media player.

Note 1
There is a small bug that will be fixed in the next version. If the Audio Stream is password protected then the media player will not play automatically. It will play if the URL is entered in the media player.

If you are not getting audio,
1. Check that the media player loads when clicking the "Listen Live" link.
2. Un password protect the audio stream and check again.
3. Check that you have audio on the server side.

Ncfirewire

Clicking the "Listen Live" link should load the media player and start to play automatically.(See note 1) Make sure the computer file associations "m3u" type is set for your media player using. I have mine set to WinAmp so clicking on the "Listen Live" link load WinAmp and starts playback. Another way of playback is entering in the URL directly in to your media player.

Note 1
There is a small bug that will be fixed in the next version. If the Audio Stream is password protected then the media player will not play automatically. It will play if the URL is entered in the media player.

If you are not getting audio,
1. Check that the media player loads when clicking the "Listen Live" link.
2. Un password protect the audio stream and check again.
3. Check that you have audio on the server side.

thanks i was just making sure that it had to open a stream using a media player instead of playing directly like it does in the rsoip

Is there a preferred media player to get the stream to open on a cell phone? (it could be my android phone is too old)

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
thanks i was just making sure that it had to open a stream using a media player instead of playing directly like it does in the rsoip

Is there a preferred media player to get the stream to open on a cell phone? (it could be my android phone is too old)

I would think any media player will work as they all playback mp3 streams. I don't have a preference.

Ncfirewire

I would think any media player will work as they all playback mp3 streams. I don't have a preference.

The only people that can not play the stream from my website all are using android phones. Iphone users and computer users are having no problems

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The only people that can not play the stream from my website all are using android phones. Iphone users and computer users are having no problems

Have them enter the URL directly in the media player. The m3u link on the web page may not load the media player or send the URL to the media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.