Increase Feed Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8txa

What is the best way to increase the audio from the feed? I have the scanner volume knob turned up all the way along with computer inputs and I still feel the level could be louder in the apps.

frazpo

What is the best way to increase the audio from the feed? I have the scanner volume knob turned up all the way along with computer inputs and I still feel the level could be louder in the apps.

That's not right. Can you hook an external speaker to the scanner to test your headphone jack. Or, can you setup another another computer to feed. Just trying to change up the scenario a bit.
I have set up multiple feeds on different computers and software and I have never come across the audio still being low when all options are up all the way.

kc8txa

I guess its not as loud as I would like it. When I am using an app on my phone to listen I have to have it up all the way. I personally would rather have to turn it down than have it turned up all the way.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
What are you using to stream your feed? It looks like your feed is streaming stereo audio, however it only only looks like you have one scanner streaming the audio. You should only be streaming using mono audio if you only have one scanner.

talkpair

One thing I discovered a few years back was that the TIP and RING conductors of my cheap USB sound card's jack are strapped together internally.

This means that if you insert a 2-conductor plug into the 3-conductor sound card jack, your scanner will 'see' a dead short.

If you are using home made patch cords, make sure there are no transpositions. Maintain TIP to TIP, RING to RING, and SLEEVE to SLEEVE on each end of the cord.

frazpo

One thing I discovered a few years back was that the TIP and RING conductors of my cheap USB sound card's jack are strapped together internally.

This means that if you insert a 2-conductor plug into the 3-conductor sound card jack, your scanner will 'see' a dead short.

If you are using home made patch cords, make sure there are no transpositions. Maintain TIP to TIP, RING to RING, and SLEEVE to SLEEVE on each end of the cord.

No doubt. I set up a Pi with two feeds with of course two USB soundcards. That was something I fought also. It also depended on the scanner being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.