Win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSK

Up loaded Win 10 and broadcasts are coming out garbled?

That sounds like an audio driver related issue with your computer. I believe you can temporarily disable a specific driver from Windows Update which may be causing the problem and then install a better driver from the manufacturer website of your audio device if they have made a driver for Windows 10.

I have not installed Win 10 because users lose the ability to stop bloatware from being installed by Microsoft and because users lose the ability to permanently reject specific drivers from being installed which malfunction and break something on the computer such as the sound or picture.

a747mech

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Had to shut down the feed completely. Something else I noticed are two (2) RR file folders. One was from 2013 (Probably the original) and another that loaded at 0148 hours this date?

wkm

I had to uninstall and reinstall my sound driver. My mic stopped working completely. How are you connecting the sound to your pc mic jack or inline?

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Win 10 is free because Microsoft can now spy on everything you do. Even grabs your WIFi password.

I know you can opt out of this nonsense but I still don't trust them. Staying with Win 7.

wkm

Win 10 is free because Microsoft can now spy on everything you do. Even grabs your WIFi password.

I know you can opt out of this nonsense but I still don't trust them. Staying with Win 7.

You really think they need to give a free update to do that? They can backdoor anyone of their versions anytime.

I don't really like 10 and will probably revert back to 8 or go all linux again.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
For what I have read on Windows 10 it will repeatedly reload what it thinks your hardware driver should be regardless if it works or not. Therefore, it may repeatedly undo your efforts to get a functioning driver. I think the people with the “Enterprise Ed” of Win 10 may have more control on this. If this is true I hope this is sorted out soon!

I too will for now stick to Win 7 but according to Microsoft it's "Mainstream support" ended in January 13, 2015 (no new functionality or additions will be added) and Win 7's "Extended Support" (security fixes) will end in January 14, 2020. This is not including the problems that Intel CPUs from "Skylake" (due out later this year), Kabylake & Cannonlake will have with Windows 7 (loss of certain USB functionality) as Microsoft has stated (according to some websites) it will not provide a patch for Windows 7 to address this issue.

By the way, Windows 10 "Mainstream Support" ends on October 13, 2020 and its "Extended Support" ends on October 14, 2025.

Last edited:

ScannerSK

Windows 10 terms of service clause, “We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.”

As for your audio issues, some are stating to go into Device Manager, uninstall the driver for the device you are having troubles with (audio in this case), rescan for changes while in Device Manager and then it may install the correct driver. You may also have to install a driver manually from the manufacturer.

The following describes what appears to be a way to prevent driver updates from occurring which may prevent the wrong driver from being reinstalled in the future:
Prevent Windows 10 Driver Updates

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.