record to online server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
I simply want to upload audio from my laptop to an online server so I can access remotely. My scanner is already plugged into my audio line in jack because I have a live feed but there must be a program out there to upload audio archives to a web server or something. any help out there? Thanks!

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I simply want to upload audio from my laptop to an online server so I can access remotely. My scanner is already plugged into my audio line in jack because I have a live feed but there must be a program out there to upload audio archives to a web server or something. any help out there? Thanks!

You can access audio archives remotely through your feed page. Just click the 'feed archives' button on your feed page. A new archive is created and added every 30 minutes.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
Yahh I used to have my feed with broadcastify but now its a private one with radiofeed

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're just wanting to access your recording archives you can set up a ftp with filezilla and access whatever folder they save to.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Yahh I used to have my feed with broadcastify but now its a private one with radiofeed

Gotcha. If you want to do this automatically and you already have a program that's recording and saving the audio, you can use WinSCP to perform the FTP transfer. WinSCP has a command-line interface for FTP tasks; the tasks can be written into a batch file that's kicked off by Windows Task Scheduler. I set up a PC for a local church to upload recordings of their services to an FTP site; running WinSCP via Task Scheduler for the upload works really well.

I don't think FileZilla supports automatic FTP tasks (at least not from the command line), but I could be wrong.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Since you're using RadioFeed, you don't need any other program to access the recordings. Use the Web Server feature to serve the folder & files.

Status
Not open for further replies.