internet driven scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorgunner

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a program(paid?) that I can choose my internet multiple police scanner feeds on the internet, like a old school 20 channel Bearcat 250 scanner....I want it to be like my old school table top scanner...
I finally have the fast computer and fast internet...now I want to use it.
Can someone point me in the correct direction please.
Sure I can get one program to do one channel...I want a bigger option. A real on line scanner, not just using one of the feeds, or 3 of the different providers. Looking for the expensive wiz bang thing.
Thanks, Doorgunner

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am looking for a program(paid?) that I can choose my internet multiple police scanner feeds on the internet, like a old school 20 channel Bearcat 250 scanner....I want it to be like my old school table top scanner...
I finally have the fast computer and fast internet...now I want to use it.
Can someone point me in the correct direction please.
Sure I can get one program to do one channel...I want a bigger option. A real on line scanner, not just using one of the feeds, or 3 of the different providers. Looking for the expensive wiz bang thing.
Thanks, Doorgunner
Oldschool means using a REAL scanner and not relying on internet feeds for your scanning! :wink: 73, n9zas

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
The only problem with buying a scanner is that if you're looking to monitor a specific set of agencies, you might be limited. My version of ScannerLive Has Detroit, FDNY, Baltimore, Flint, MI, Worcester, MA, Bridgeport, CT and many others that I would not be able to pick up on my desktop scanners.

He said he was looking for a similar experience to his desktop scanner, but he did not indicate if he wanted to listen local or globally. He asked for software recommendations. To tell him to just buy a scanner seems counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.