Win10 1607 streaming troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

Hi all. I've been successfully streaming my scanner audio via Proscan and Win500 for years.
Even after upgrading to Win 10 (1511) it's been super reliable, I listen via Proscan client on my computers, and FStream on my phone.

But recently, and randomly (rarely goes more than a few hours before this happens) the audio will pause and sit repeating a several second loop. Only stopping/restarting the streaming program will fix it.

I first thought it was a Proscan problem, so tried the Win500 client talking to Win500 as the audio streamer, and it does the same thing. So thinking it was a sound card/driver problem, I switched to a different sound card.
Still happens.

Near as I can tell the only thing that's changed is the update from 1511 to 1607 (the infamous anniversary update), unless it's another Windows update that caused it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

smason

Hmm must just be me.
I was thinking about using a Raspberry Pi, then there was a 1 day sale on them at my local supplier, so nabbed one yesterday. Will switch to it tonight and see how I like it.

smason

The pi is solid as a streamer. The service dies every now and then, but a cron job that checks, and restarts takes care of that. Still, will switch back to Proscan if/when the Windows bug gets fixed.

smason

But recently, and randomly (rarely goes more than a few hours before this happens) the audio will pause and sit repeating a several second loop. Only stopping/restarting the streaming program will fix it.

I first thought it was a Proscan problem, so tried the Win500 client talking to Win500 as the audio streamer, and it does the same thing. So thinking it was a sound card/driver problem, I switched to a different sound card.
Still happens.

Near as I can tell the only thing that's changed is the update from 1511 to 1607 (the infamous anniversary update), unless it's another Windows update that caused it.

Update: re-built the system with Windows 7, and all is well again. Must have been something specific to Win10 update 1607 and this particular computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.