Using Raspberry pi 3 to record audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffryan76

Feed Provider
Some of you may remember a Windows program written by a person named Davee called Scanner Record Pro. Which could record audio, of course, but you could set a schedule to record at set times and and bit rates and such. Some other functions like time-stamping recordings in in a logfile and only recording when audio is present/VOX and also recording in mp3 to compress the file size.

My question is, would it be possible to write a Python program to do then same for a raspberry pi 3? How hard or easy would it be?
Thanks for reading.

DC31

Feed Provider
Some of you may remember a Windows program written by a person named Davee called Scanner Record Pro. Which could record audio, of course, but you could set a schedule to record at set times and and bit rates and such. Some other functions like time-stamping recordings in in a logfile and only recording when audio is present/VOX and also recording in mp3 to compress the file size.

My question is, would it be possible to write a Python program to do then same for a raspberry pi 3? How hard or easy would it be?
Thanks for reading.

There exists an older guide on how to do it:

https://sites.google.com/site/glyman3home/radiosave

That comes with a warning that it hasn't been updated for the current versions of the pi hardware so it may or may not work. It might be a place for you to start.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
There exists an older guide on how to do it:

https://sites.google.com/site/glyman3home/radiosave

That comes with a warning that it hasn't been updated for the current versions of the pi hardware so it may or may not work. It might be a place for you to start.

I use RadioSave on a few Pi's and it works great. I highly recommend it. I especially love the silence remove...after each hour it processes the file and removes all the silent periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.