INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thagewood

Hi all,

I've been getting a "500 Internal Server Error" messages as I try to connect to RR today.
I had to refresh the page about four or five times before I could even get this forum to come up so I could post this.

Is this something on RR's end or something on my end?

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Due to the high number of listeners on the CAL feeds that cover the Dorner manhunt, RR is going extremely slow today. I have personally never seen this many listeners on one feed at a time - it surpassed 30,000 earlier.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The situation in California is probably driving a whole load of traffic. Last time the feeds were up, there were 26,000+ listeners to the live scanner feed. I wouldn't be surprised if it is after work traffic due to the incident. Again this is pure speculation and someone who knows more will answer im sure.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yep, I've been getting the "500 Internal Server Error" error most every click.

Also getting "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request."

Broadcastify site is down also.

Seems to be happening more and more lately.

ASTRO2001

Yep, I've been getting the "500 Internal Server Error" error most every click.

Also getting "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request."

Broadcastify site is down also.

Seems to be happening more and more lately.

Don't you watch the news the cop killer is cornered and the RR and Broadcastify is have over 62,000 listing so put 2 and 2 together. BOTH SITES ARE OVER LOADED

ASTRO2001

SYSTEM OVERLOAD

PEOPLE I was able to look at the traffic it is so high the site might crash so. The Cop killer Dorner is causing the site to OVER LOAD

Utah_Viper

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS770 Build/IMM76I) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Was today a record amount of listeners?

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I believe it was a record number of listeners today. I don't know for sure, but I have never seen more than ~15,000 on one feed and today the feed got up to 35,000.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
It was the shootout in California that caused the crash. When something major goes on in the country the Radio Reference web site crashes. When Fox News started streaming live audio on the tv tonight from Radio Reference it made the views of the web site high. As great as this web site is it has its flaws when it receieves a ton of traffic. Finding other audio feeds on the web are hard to find becuase everyone links back to Radio Reference. If you know of any audio feeds for police or fire that don't have ties to Radio Reference let me know. So I can hear them when Radio Reference goes down.

othb1234

Premium Subscriber
SERVER ERROR

I was listening to it when it crashed and unable to login after. I Pay for the site. how many non payees were on when it died???

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I was listening to it when it crashed and unable to login after. I Pay for the site. how many non payees were on when it died???

Listening to feeds is free. Please don't confuse your premium subscriber benefits as "paying for the site". You don't pay to access the site, you pay for the extra benefits you receive.

Closing this now as the original question has been answered and explained. I'm sure Lindsay will update us all on the entire situation when he has all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.