503 Server not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good morning admins,

In case it matters, I just got "503 - Server not available" errors for all parts of the RR domain (main page, DB page, Forums page, Wiki page) using a PC, and could not load the mobile-page using a smartphone. With frequent repeated attempts, it seems that this "outage" lasted about 10 mins. (from approx 07:45 ET to 07:57 ET) Because I could browse to other websites with no problem, I believe the problem was not on my end.

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

It happened again this morning approx the same time. I wasn't online when it started, so I can't estimate its duration. But, I got another 503 - Server not available error at approx 07:45 ET.

Hopefully, this isn't a sign of any upcoming larger problems.

As always, thanks for such a good site,

Blackink

I haven't gotten any errors but I have noticed these last few days around the holidays,it has taken much longer for these forums to load up than usual.

I never have a problem with these forum Web pages loading up unless there is a problem with the site.
I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen any other mention of slow loading forum pages here in the last couple of days...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I was getting 503's when accessing both the Forums and the Wiki this morning around 8-9am EST. Seems to be OK now.

This follows what I noticed a general slow-down through yesterday afternoon and evening.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
+1 on the two previous comments.
I see on the new posts, there is a gap from 1am EDT to 10:30 EDT.

Is it me or how others feel maybe our provider isnt doing that great a job? We've had a lot of network problems, over the year and more, granted its a large site, lots of users as well.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I was getting 503's when accessing both the Forums and the Wiki this morning around 8-9am EST. Seems to be OK now.

This follows what I noticed a general slow-down through yesterday afternoon and evening.

I noticed the 503's this morning also and the overall slow-down seems to have started several days ago.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

About an hour ago I could not access the forums, it got redirected to the google search page instead.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.