Cellular Evesdropping Google Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

Guys, I have a real problem with your advertisement claiming not only enabling the interceptor to monitor live cell traffic, sms, and the like, but controlling the mind of your target???!!!! What a crock of it!!!

No doubt many of us enjoyed monitoring cellular when it was analog, but you accepting revenue for this garbage pisses me off. If RR is seeking additional revenue, then consider lowering your subscription rates a few bucks. Schmooze Barbara at Universal for advertising, you accept Scanner Master. And they are not a master, at least with the idiot I once dealt with there.

Dunno, y'all get sooooo uptight and worked up when someone posts a offensive post or takes aim at encryption. Yes Wayne, I will complain-loudly! I have my reasons....

I have been a long time reader of Radio Reference, but I think you could do better. Very sleezy.

Ok, I am finished.

Good Signals,

ed

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I think Fast1eddie refers to the RR home page, upper left ad that states:

Monitor Cell Phone Calls
EZ-CSI.com - Investigative Tools & Tricks For Everyone
Read Texts, eMails, SMS, Hear Calls Track Location, Undetectable
If you had not posted this, I would not know what he was referring to. I use the AdBlock extension for my browsers and rarely see advertisement banners on websites. Perhaps I do not see it because I am a subscriber. I do not know.

Medic115

I think you are confused

Guys, I have a real problem with your advertisement claiming not only enabling the interceptor to monitor live cell traffic, sms, and the like, but controlling the mind of your target???!!!! What a crock of it!!!

No doubt many of us enjoyed monitoring cellular when it was analog, but you accepting revenue for this garbage pisses me off. If RR is seeking additional revenue, then consider lowering your subscription rates a few bucks. Schmooze Barbara at Universal for advertising, you accept Scanner Master. And they are not a master, at least with the idiot I once dealt with there.

Dunno, y'all get sooooo uptight and worked up when someone posts a offensive post or takes aim at encryption. Yes Wayne, I will complain-loudly! I have my reasons....

I have been a long time reader of Radio Reference, but I think you could do better. Very sleezy.

Ok, I am finished.

Good Signals,

ed

Fast Eddie1, I have also made remarks here that make me look less then an egg less in a carton. We all do it at some time. As for the adds, RR sometimes does not get to screen the adds, and sometimes garbage gets in. Anyone in radio knows there are ways around the government defined blocks. Do we like the blocks? No. but it is the law and we try to live by it.
these adds you mentioned, are a attempt to get you buy useless hardware and software and give up information.
A few years ago, while working as a Private investigator the owner told about this great new stuff he bought that would help our work.
Long story short, He was sent a stock scanner, not able to scan close to cell bands , but another $4000 would "unlock: the cell bands and track phone numbers.
did not work for him long.
Ads are ads. buyer be ware.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I ordered a pair of the "X-ray Specs" and I can't wait til they arrive in 4-6 weeks.

Um, if that's what you thought they were??
They actually use a SD card for video recording and are sun glasses, but don't claim ANY x-ray abilities. :lol:

Wired.com actually did a review on them, yep they work.

n9zas

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
ADDs

Sounds like the people that put their monitor/scanners up for sale and try to charge extra becauise they are unblocked. Ha ha

Fast1eddie

Not going to go back and forth with this, regardless of how stuff gets through filtering and stuff, I really do not care. My point is this is extremely advertising and I expected RR management to have some sort of ethics regarding advertising. Apparently not.

Will RR be accepting ads for adult entertainment next????

Ok, go howl about this.

Have a nice day,

gewecke

Banned
Not going to go back and forth with this, regardless of how stuff gets through filtering and stuff, I really do not care. My point is this is extremely advertising and I expected RR management to have some sort of ethics regarding advertising. Apparently not.

Will RR be accepting ads for adult entertainment next????

Ok, go howl about this.

Have a nice day,

Like vagrant, said above many of us use adblock on firefox and don't see those ads, but I don't think it's RR's job to have to screen the content of every ad that might pop up. ;)

n9zas

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Those ads remind me of the old ads that used to be in the back of the comics on the last page..... Be a secret agent with a super small camera!!!!!

kinda funny

pepsima1

Banned
The good old days when you could hear your parents on the cordless phone in the other room and your neighbors phone calls as well as cellular, but pretty boring after a while. I always have wondered if cellular uses enryption on their channels using TDMA now

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The good old days when you could hear your parents on the cordless phone in the other room and your neighbors phone calls as well as cellular, but pretty boring after a while. I always have wondered if cellular uses enryption on their channels using TDMA now

Yes all cellular (in the US at least) is encrypted. The industry learned a pretty hard and embarrassing lesson when Newt's famous cell phone calls became public. TDMA is actually rarely used anymore. Most of it is CDMA or GSM now.

I remember all those years ago listening in on those and the cordless phones - let me tell ya, there's always ONE person in ANY apartment complex who is the resident drama magnet, and those cordless phone calls were anything but boring back in the day.

Of course these days certain "thug-life" elements of our society like to walk around talking (more like cursing but I digress) with their "homies" or "baby daddy/mama" on speakerphone turned up full blast, making it unnecessary to use a scanner at all to "monitor" their conversations. There's been times where I've actually opened my door and had to say "My kids are asleep, can you take your conversation down the way or something?" Of course I get a ration of "f--- you mothaf---er" and all that but they do usually move on, especially if the scanner I keep on in my living room chirps up with some traffic. Some people's kids....:roll:

-AZ

pepsima1

Banned
Yes the good old days. I sure would like to see some of those days come back some how. It was enjoyable and if you were a radio buff your mom and dad had no clue you could listen in on their phones calls and you went to your grave on that secret too. haha. Thanks

Blackink

Give me more money please......

I ordered a pair of the "X-ray Specs" and I can't wait til they arrive in 4-6 weeks.

You'll get your glasses alright. but you'll probably have to send them another $2000.00 - $3000.00 to get the "x-ray" feature enabled !!!

Dang crooks.................!

Status
Not open for further replies.