Trouble logging out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I can't seen to log out on my laptop. Anyone else have that problem? It says I have, but when I return I'm still logged in. It messes with my "New Posts" use when I don't have time to read all of them.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Which browser do you use? What you need to do is delete your cookies/temporary internet files. If you would prefer to keep your logins for other sites, you specifically want to find any cookies with 'radioreference' in their title.

More help available if you can provide your browser info.

Grog

Banned
Just old IE6

I'd really like to know why the RR forum log out button is not working propertly?

Before the people moan about using IE, if firefox would allow me to stay logged into 10 different yahoo e-mail accounts like IE does, I'd concider it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Okay to answer both of your questions, yes, I too cannot log out most of the time. I never log out normally but have tried in the past when trying to see the home page without being a member. I managed it somehow, but can't remember how. :confused:

As for the "messing with new posts" issue. If you just leave yourself logged in, and close your browser (all RR Windows), go away and have a cup of coffee (or the beverage of your choice); when you come back and go back to the site, your "new" posts should just contain what has been posted since you left (and closed the browser).;)

If you can't wait, review what you want to from you "new" list, go to the main forum index page, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Mark Forums Read" link, that will fix you right up. :lol:

Grog

Banned
My point on th enew posts, is that I might want to look at one post (say the great VIPER thread by pboy in the NC forum) and if I'm logged in, then the next time I come back to RR (say the next day) I will loose all of the other "New posts"

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Grog said:
My point on th enew posts, is that I might want to look at one post (say the great VIPER thread by pboy in the NC forum) and if I'm logged in, then the next time I come back to RR (say the next day) I will loose all of the other "New posts"
Umm, that is the way the software is designed to work. Either adapt your habits or download subscribed threads via RSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.