Duplicate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Mods when you close a thread because its a dup could you PLEASE include a link to the original thread. It is especially helpful when the other thread is in another forum.

Thanks

CLTX11

I was thinking the same thing when I seen 2 different duplicate threads and wanted to read a little more about it. Be easier for them to post it then to get my lazy fingers to search it.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Well if it's a duplicate, it's usually in the same forum as the original, so it shouldn't require too much searching...

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dubbin,

When (as KCChiefs9690 points out) it is in the same forum, usually there is no need. If there are already replies in both copies, I at least merge them so there is no need to do that. BTW, if it is a duplicate thread, usually you don't close it, it is deleted, so you don't see it at all.

I suspect what you are talking about is when someone raises a topic, that has been raised a number of times in the past and the topic is closed as duplicate. In that case it is problematic as usually there are several old topics on the subject. Usually those are only closed if the topic tends to start problems (I am sure you don't need amplification on that need) or if the topic was just discussed last week or within the past few days. However, I will endeavor (but I can't speak for others) to find a link if appropriate (not a problem topic) and set it in the closing post.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
No I am talking about a topic that was closed in the Tavern because one was already started in the Space and Satellite Monitoring Forum. This also seems to happen with the General Scanning Forum and the Scanner Model forum. Those are just two examples of what I have seen. It just a simple request that I thought I would ask about to make things a little easier for the users.

Thanks Lou, I hope the others follow.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Gee, who would have thunk that the Shuttle launch was being discussed in the Space forum :lol: Anyhow..That was me and I'll try and include links. I usually do, but guess I was pre-occupied :)

Dubbin

Feed Provider
scanner_freak said:
Gee, who would have thunk that the Shuttle launch was being discussed in the Space forum :lol: Anyhow..That was me and I'll try and include links. I usually do, but guess I was pre-occupied :)

To be honest I didn't even know there was a Space forum until I went looking for the other thread.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
NP man :lol: I'll try and make sure I add links and/or reference the forum the other one is in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.