Time to clean up sticky threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Come on mods its time to clean things up a bit ;) The best sticky for every forum should be Search First BEFORE asking and Check the Wiki First before asking Those simple stickies would eliminate most others and get more and better use out of Wiki.

Here are usless stickies from just a few forums.

General Scanning Forum

Sticky: The Official PRO-96 BC296D comparison thread last post 09-17-2006 (started 7-28-2004 :roll: This has ran its course)

Sticky: >> Various Scanner Software << last post 03-25-2006 (One word Wiki)

Sticky: Will there ever be a ProVoice EDACS Scanner? last post 03-21-2006 (again Wiki)

Sticky Thread Sticky: FCC REBANDING Discussion Thread last post 01-27-2006 (its usless to keep this as a sticky since the question always comes up in a new post anyway and Wiki :) )

Sticky: New Members (they never read these types of posts anyway)

Uniden Scanners

Sticky: Official BCD996T Post Release Thread (radio has been out long enough to lose the sticky).

Sticky: Official BCT-15 Post Release Thread (same as above)

Sticky: Official Fire Tone-Out Discussion (not much going with this one anymore)

Sticky: The Uniden Wiki page is available (silly sticky)

Sticky: BCD396T - "Nothing To Scan" (never really that big of an issue to need a sticky)

Sticky: 800 MHz Rebanding Impact on Uniden Scanners (Wiki)

Radio Shack Scanners

Sticky: Radioshack Software Poll (the poll is over)

Sticky: Binary logic error within the 16 bit TGID field/Pro-96 (well over a year old and nothing new in a couple months)

Sticky: Radio Shack Wiki page is available (silly sticky)

Sticky: RS Non Scanner News -- Please Read (this does not come up enough to requier a sticky)

Sticky: To leave a channel or not to leave a channel - PRO-96 trunks (it works either way...)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
How about a Sticky to tell people to read Stickies? I don't think they will otherwise.

:lol:

-Wayne

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
wayne_h said:
How about a Sticky to tell people to read Stickies? I don't think they will otherwise.

-Wayne

Its a proven fact that most new people don't read them anyway :lol:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dubbin said:
Its a proven fact that most new people don't read them anyway :lol:
Ahh, yes; but then the "old hands" (such as yourself) can't have the satisfaction of telling someone, "Did you look at the sticky just above this thread?" :lol:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
loumaag said:
Ahh, yes; but then the "old hands" (such as yourself) can't have the satisfaction of telling someone, "Did you look at the sticky just above this thread?" :lol:

Oh I'm not saying getting rid of them all together, I'm just saying that some need cleaned up.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dubbin said:
Oh I'm not saying getting rid of them all together, I'm just saying that some need cleaned up.
I know, I was just giving you some grief.

They are reviewed from time to time and "unstuck" as needed. I usually look at them at the beginning of every quarter. However, I am not going to unstick one of the bosses threads. :lol:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
loumaag said:
I know, I was just giving you some grief.

Oh so its ok for you to do it but when anyone else does it they get the 3rd degree :D

J/K Lou

Thanks for answering the topic. If you need any help with the stickies I here that goop off works well to remove sticky stuff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.