Location and Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Secret_Squirrel said:
It would be nice if people would just fill in the nearest city and state in the location part of their profile. Kind of like "Lee County"....there are several states that have a Lee county.

When I joined Radio Reference it was trunkedradio.net,and I was half asleep and entered USA as my location and was not thinking straight..
I wish to change this..How do I change my location??

I now think it should be mandatory for members to enter their town and state when joining....

Hey Loumaag,,, how can this be accomplished????

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
To modify your location first look to the top of any forum page - upper left area - for "User CP." Then choose "Edit Profile." Look under "Additional Information."

You can also click here.

K5MAR

dave3825 said:
I now think it should be mandatory for members to enter their town and state when joining....

This has come up before. As I remember it, Lindsay's response is A) There is no way to force people to enter an accurate location; and B) Some people have legitimate reasons for not entering their location. For instance, a person who is a member of the law enforcement community might not wish to enter such identifying information for fear of retribution from their superiors. I know of at least one member that this happened to. Even though the information he posted could be readily figured out by any astute listener, he was given an "either/or" option. He chose to withdraw, scanning was his hobby but law enforcement was his career.

Mark S.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The above four posts are split from another thread as they were inducing topic drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.