Custom Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
RayK said:
or we could ask dumb questions to become a "Senior Member"

You know, I have seen so much of this over the last couple of weeks and it absolutly disgusts me. Why do you guys have to be like this? There are a lot of people out there that do continue to ask a lot of questions. To us(the ones that have been in this hobby for a very long time) we understand, to them they dont and sometimes ask dumb/stupid questions.

I hope all of you that have been responding like this character did above see this and make it a plan to stop it in 2007

**REMEMBER- THE ONLY DUMB AND STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE THAT IS NOT ASKED!!!**

I am not saying that his question is/was not right, but I am saying that we as hobbiest need to treat each and every other person on here with dignity and respect just like we want toward us. If you think your comment is going to be harsh or taken the wrong way, then you probably should not post it. I understood his question but apparently you did not, you should not have posted.

Happy New Year All

Dubbin

Feed Provider
landonjensen said:
I was wondering how come custom status titles are not enabled?

The only reason I can think of for not having it enabled is that it would just be another thing that they would have to moderate. Whatever you wanted to put there you can always put in your signature anyway.

mciupa

A user name is sufficient . Some people will go out of bounds with unsavory descriptors most likely.
I think that member status and post counts should be removed , they are superfluous "status symbols" .

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
All of the previous answers are correct.

It is only active for Admin/Mods.
It would be just another thing to have to moderate.
It would be better if people did not flame others just to build their own post count. (Thank you Eric for jumping in!)
And a user name is more than sufficient.

To Landon:
I would like to publicly commend you for the restraint you have shown in the recent weeks by not responding to those who are baiting you. It has been noticed, as the attempts to belittle you have been noticed and noted.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
landonjensen said:
I was wondering how come custom status titles are not enabled? For example where it says Senior Member, we could have it be whatever that person wants.

Because if would allow someone to specify whatever they want.

Don't worry, we'll be doing away with the exisiting titles soon and removing the "senior" status.

-Lb

landonjensen

I noticed that. We all just went to members.........

blantonl said:
Because if would allow someone to specify whatever they want.

Don't worry, we'll be doing away with the exisiting titles soon and removing the "senior" status.

-Lb

Dubbin

Feed Provider
blantonl said:

Was that really causing a problem? I really never even noticed different titles. Anyway, it seems like the time spend doing that could have addressed other issues that are in "The One Thing" thread that would make the forums operate better.

hankv

blantonl said:

-Lb

Mmmmm - not a complaint, just a suggestion. I think that there should be some sort of "indicator", assigned by the moderators, that us relative newcomers can look at to see how much "credibility" someone has on the subject under discussion. I realize that a lot of the "posters" have a lot of experience, but at the same time, some of the "posters" are just posting without checking the facts. I always try to research before I give an answer, and I learn a lot by doing it that way.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
mciupa said:
A user name is sufficient . Some people will go out of bounds with unsavory descriptors most likely.
I think that member status and post counts should be removed , they are superfluous "status symbols" .
Just a fast question here but why would you bring up a post that is over a year old 12-31-2006, then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
lowboy654 said:
Just a fast question here but why would you bring up a post that is over a year old 12-31-2006, then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

He didn't, CAPTLPOL1 did. I am closing..

Status
Not open for further replies.