100,000 Members -- Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I am pleased to announce that radioreference.com has broken the 100,000 member mark.

In light of this significant accomplishment, the 100,000th member is going to receive a special prize!

Because of privacy reasons (it's not too hard to figure out, but...), I'm not going to release the name or ID of the person, however, they will receive a complementary 3 year subscription to radioreference.com, worth $90.00!!

The person who won may or may not choose to "claim" their prize, however it highlights a great accomplishment for the hobby.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this site, it is greatly appreciated.

(PS: More "prizes" will be awarded this year..... ) :cool:

Lindsay

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
That's a great and well-earned milestone for this site. Too bad they all aren't premium subscribers!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Didn't that happen like 606 members ago?

members.jpg

trixwagen

100,000?! Could we all maybe throw $1 into some fund and some random member be given $50,000 every month? RR can have the rest.

I volunteer to be randomly selected.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
eorange said:
That's a great and well-earned milestone for this site. Too bad they all aren't premium subscribers!

What if the person doesn't need to download freqs into their scanner because they already have them, and not only do they dontate updated information and freqs to the DB for what other purpose would you need to be a premium member? Sometimes money isn't the only thing people contribute here.

maalox

trixwagen said:
100,000?! Could we all maybe throw $1 into some fund and some random member be given $50,000 every month? RR can have the rest.

I volunteer to be randomly selected.
no. a digital scanner. lol

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I think its time for the Radioreference convention. It would be a blast!!:) We can have it in my backyard if people prefer.
Congrats to you Lindsay and thanks to all the members that are in the forum helping everyone.
Take care

Last edited:

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
maalox said:
no. a digital scanner. lol
Hey, how about adding a nickle or quarter onto the subscription price and having a drawing periodically for one or more of these (depending upon how much is in the kitty).

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
What if the person doesn't need to download freqs into their scanner because they already have them, and not only do they dontate updated information and freqs to the DB for what other purpose would you need to be a premium member? Sometimes money isn't the only thing people contribute here.

You are right! I get a ton of complaints and whining contributed as well.

scanjunkie

blantonl said:
You are right! I get a ton of complaints and whining contributed as well.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ...NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

mciupa

To give some perspective to this milestone , imagine everyone in the city of Killeen , Texas.. or the city of Berkeley, California being registered members of this site. :eek:

Quite the "community" you have here .:cool:

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
blantonl said:
Folks,

I am pleased to announce that radioreference.com has broken the 100,000 member mark.

In light of this significant accomplishment, the 100,000th member is going to receive a special prize!

Because of privacy reasons (it's not too hard to figure out, but...), I'm not going to release the name or ID of the person, however, they will receive a complementary 3 year subscription to radioreference.com, worth $90.00!!

The person who won may or may not choose to "claim" their prize, however it highlights a great accomplishment for the hobby.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this site, it is greatly appreciated.

(PS: More "prizes" will be awarded this year..... ) :cool:

Lindsay
Hey Lindsay could I be "awarded" a BCT996 ? GRIN....LOL CONGRATULATIONS on the numbers....WOW !!

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Congrats

Way to go RR community. Lindsay, you are to be commended for such an accomplishment. And we all should congratulate ourselves - I am sure quite a few here at RR have birthed many members into the fold.

RR Rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.