FirefoxSpell Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
While typing a message to post on the forums, I've noticed that the Firefox spell check doesn't work. Normally it will show a red underline under misspelled words, but for some reason it doesn't this on radiorefernce.

I'm using the WUSSYWAG ediktor. Has anyone else noticed this?

JohnnyGalaga said:
While typing a message to post on the forums, I've noticed that the Firefox spell check doesn't work. Normally it will show a red underline under misspelled words, but for some reason it doesn't this on radioreference.

I'm using the WUSSYWAG ediktor. Has anyone else noticed this?

Your spelling is superb...that's why!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Right click on the form and at the bottom of the menu should appear the "Spell check this field" moniker.... it puzzled me for a while as well, 'til I right clicked for my url shortener and found the spell checker!

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
There must (or should) be a way to make the spell checker always on as the default, instead of having to right click and select the "Spell check this field" option every time.

It seemed at first, "on" was the default. I am not sure, though. Maybe after one of the updates, it changed.

FYI: If you ever need to edit your FF custom dictionary (e.g. you accidentally added a wrong word), you can access the persdict.dat file using Notepad from this location: C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o9jp3tcz.default (where "C" is your drive, "Dad" is your Windows user name, and "o9jp3tcz.default" is the folder where your files are located). Be sure to save it as a .dat file and not a .txt file, using the same filename "persdict.dat".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.