Status
Not open for further replies.

ind224

I have tried to respond to posts typing 5 and 6 paragraphs only to have it *poof*as it requires me to re log in.

Is this me and my browser or ??? Make it stop!!
Thanks,
Stu

ind224 said:
I have tried to respond to posts typing 5 and 6 paragraphs only to have it *poof*as it requires me to re log in.

Thanks,
Stu

Just means you need to type faster!

On a serious note, if I type up a pretty long response, I always copy all the text to the clipboard before hitting submit, so that if it didn't go through, I can try again and paste the text from the clipboard.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ind224 said:

Thanks,
Stu
Stu,

wannabescannist's advice is good, I have a pretty steady connection and I do that as well since I have been bitten a few times with just that situation.

As to your specific problem, have you got one of those newer DSL modems that stores all your acct info on the modem, if so they are designed to kill your connection after a time out (pretty short as I remember) and re-establish it as you need it. I overcome this by two means, one I have my MSN Messenger open at all times and second I have my Email checked every 5 minutes. This seems to defeat this pesky problem for me, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.