Motorola Forum Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Why do my questions about motorola equipment like mic questions, general radio questions etc get moved always to the motorola forum?

For example i posted this thread http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71794 in the general scanning forum as the guidlines for what the motorola forum do not meet what i was asking, for example General Motorola Equipment is not in the title or description at all, which is why i post my Motorola Equipment questions in the Gen Scanning Forum. Can i ask why moderators always feel to move it to that location ?

Motorola Trunking Discussion Forum
For general discussion of Motorola Trunking Systems, including system types, fleetmapping, status-bits, system ids, and other in-depth technical details.

D

DaveNF2G

Questions about commercial radio equipment appear to be off-topic anywhere, unless you are trying to find such equipment. Then the appropriate venue would be Equipment Wanted. As you mentioned, the Motorola forum is about trunking. The General Scanning forum is about scanning and scanners.

I guess I'm wondering why commercial equipment threads aren't moved to the Tavern.

landonjensen

Maybe a General Motorola Forum like Radioshack and Uniden Scanners have? ;)

DaveNF2G said:
Questions about commercial radio equipment appear to be off-topic anywhere, unless you are trying to find such equipment. Then the appropriate venue would be Equipment Wanted. As you mentioned, the Motorola forum is about trunking. The General Scanning forum is about scanning and scanners.

I guess I'm wondering why commercial equipment threads aren't moved to the Tavern.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The Motorola forum needs to have its description updated. Since a lot of Motorola questions are popping up the Motorola forum has become the adopted forum. General Scanning is for general questions regarding Scanners.

landonjensen

Yeah, i was thinking maybe Lindsey just hasnt updated the description. Thanks Wayne.

wayne_h said:
The Motorola forum needs to have its description updated. Since a lot of Motorola questions are popping up the Motorola forum has become the adopted forum. General Scanning is for general questions regarding Scanners.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
landonjensen said:
Maybe a General Motorola Forum like Radioshack and Uniden Scanners have? ;)
Maybe not.

From the Home Page of this site:
The Radio Reference Forums provide the largest most popular place to come and talk about radio communications monitoring. Over 300,000 posts of information are there.
Note the word monitoring; batlabs has the Moto scene covered quite nicely thank you, for the questions you seem to have about your commercial radios. That is the place to ask/answer such things as you mentioned in your OP.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
loumaag said:
batlabs has the Moto scene covered quite nicely thank you, for the questions you seem to have about your commercial radios. That is the place to ask/answer such things as you mentioned in your OP.

Just a point, but they have had closed registractions for awhile now.

Plus some people have been banned from there, leaving not as many places to ask questions.

A moot point now, but just adding a few thoughts..... ;)

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Lanny,

His name is spelt Lindsay, not Lindsey!

Status
Not open for further replies.