Editing Posts - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
How are people editting their posts? I see the message at the bottom of some posts that reads, "Last edited by (insert user name here)".

I don't see an option for that and I'd like to correct mistakes I see after a post is made. I can understand why it's like that in the for sale forum, but I see people doing it all the time in other forums. Why can't I? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Joseph11

You can't edit posts in the classifieds or posts over 1 day old.

Joseph11

Hmm, very odd. Try clearing your browser's cache.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
That did not help. I think there may be a setting somewhere that I'm missing or a setting that my account does not have access to.

bezking

You don't see this at the bottom of your less than 24 hour old posts?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Nope. I see the "Quote" and the one to the right of it. I do not see an "Edit" at all.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
No edit...

I put the FMF BMET there. If you are an administrator, moderator or database admin, you can add text or a tag there.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Here is the message I get when trying that link.

vBulletin Message

rescue161, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

landonjensen

I get the same message when i go to the link....

rescue161 said:
Here is the message I get when trying that link.

vBulletin Message

rescue161, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

bezking

rescue161 said:
No edit...

I put the FMF BMET there. If you are an administrator, moderator or database admin, you can add text or a tag there.

Maybe if I ask nicely Lindsay will add "RR Tech Support" under my name :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.