RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Tavern Archives

Tavern Archives - Archive of all posts in the Tavern. We will periodically archive old posts here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 8:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking396 View Post

This forum is obviously the wrong place for me, so I'll be more than happy to ask that my account be killed, because if this forum is filled with people like you, it isn't worth the effort.
You mentioned QRZ in another post. If you think this is place is bad go sign up for QRZ. These guys are nice compared to them. By the way welcome to Ham Radio.

Chris
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2008, 9:03 PM
VE7KFM Duplicate Account

Smile Rubber Ducky...

Welcome “frankblues”, my fellow newbie on RR….

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankblues View Post
(Heh. I found this post googling for VE7KFM, because I was hearing him last night on 14.275 using a rubber duck antenna. Pretty dang loud - 2 kilos will do that though.)
The mess on 14.275...
What would you like to be done?
Jam them? Well, that's immature and illegal, and it has been done by others, so that's right out.
Refer them to the FCC/RCI? Been done.
Record them all day/night and turn tapes in to the FCC/RCI?
Okay, but then that is all you will be using your transciever for, and there is so much more out there to be doing. Obsessing over the negative parts of ham radio just takes too much energy and time. And unlike others, I have some confidence in the AA, FCC, and RCI to catch and punish the offenders. It make take a while longer than I'd like, but in the meantime, there is a lot more ham radio out there....
I feel your angst, Alex….

I also detect that you may be less than satisfied with the “prescription”/solution to the long-running situation/problem….

Allow me therefore to suggest that this may be due to you having mis-described/diagnosed the problem ab initio….
But don’t be offended…. If it’s any consolation [it shouldn’t be], nearly all other commentators on this vexing subject have fallen into the same trap…. This, particularly after “googling for VE7KFM” and/or searching the posts supposedly by Karol and especially the pithy comments and much worse by others about him herein, as alluded to in my earlier posts, above.

I say “particularly” advisedly, because recently the ratio of con vs pro posts/comments and even entire threads about Karol VE7KFM ‘out there’ has been running well in excess of 100:1 on the WWW. But, if you know anything about human nature and the World, that might be your 1st gross indication that things may not be what they seem…. [Here I could go on to suggest that most of these posts/comments/threads are single-sourced and ultimately traceable to the same obsessed and psychotic individual, but I don’t need to go into even that minimal level of analysis/detail to hopefully unequivocally make my point as to the fundamental nature of the problem….]

Suffice it to say that even Hitler [to whom Karol has been compared by the obsessed/psychotic individual] arguably did not have such one-sided ‘negative press’ during his hey-day….

I notice that you also use “they” when referring to the current problem on 14.275 MHz. The component parts of your “they” in the context per force constitute: the Canadian, Karol VE7KFM on one side; and, a handful-to-three of American CB’ers, some with amateur licences, on the other…. That should be your 2nd gross indication that to characterize the problem as “they” may not be fair/an equitable distribution of the blame…. Unless of course Karol is an “Army of One”, who has declared War on the Excited States of HAMereeka, HI….

As you should know from your “research”, this gross inequality in numbers between the lone Canadian and the “14.275 MHz Mafia” [(c) Steve K9ZW] has been going on for the past 2+ years. But, surprise, surprise, for some 5 years prior to that, a similarly unequal struggle between Glenn K1MAN and the SAME CB’ers-cum-amateurs existed on the very SAME frequency…. Who would have ‘thunk’ it? That should be your 3rd gross indication that something is drastically wrong with characterizing the problem on 14.275 MHz as “they” and ‘a pox on both their houses’….

Your research might even have disclosed that many of the “14.275 MHz Mafia” previously seriously mis-behaved, for more than a decade, in very similar fashion, ~14.313 MHz being the well-known/established world-wide International Maritime Mobile calling frequency, where they particularly liked to put the boots to Hispanic stations…. That should have been your 4th gross indication that this constant carping about the Canadian is another in a long series of ‘put up jobs’ by the usual F-Tards….

For more on this and the 1st handful of the “14.275 MHz Mafia” hear/see/peruse:

http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/n1fm.mp3
http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/
http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/riley.html
http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/k3vr.htm
http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/nd8v.htm
http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/w4nti.htm
http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/k4zdh.htm

and follow the Links to your heart’s content.

And, once you have the names of the "players", listen carefully to 14.275 MHz and vicinity--but keep your wits about you--because things there usually are definitely NOT what they appear....

Old 06-23-2008, 7:05 PM

Cool Blink Blink?

CDN:

Think you missed the point.

In regards to whatever it is that happens on 14.275:

I'll turn the big knob. Fixes the problem for me really fast.

I find it dubious that you've decided to bring Hitler up in this thread though. Hitler killed millions. I don't think anyone you mention, VE7KFM or his opponents has done anything that egregious. Bad taste, truly bad taste.

73 de KB7PST, QRT
Old 06-30-2008, 5:46 PM
VE7KFM Duplicate Account

Lightbulb I KNOW you missed MY point...

Quote:
CDN:

Think you missed the point.
I'll turn the big knob. Fixes the problem for me really fast.

I find it dubious that you've decided to bring Hitler up in this thread though....
Bad taste, truly bad taste.

73 de KB7PST, QRT
Alex:

I KNOW you missed MY point....

While 'quickly turning the big knob' ostensibly fixes the problem for YOU, it does NOT help when you opine blaming both sides w/o distinction....

Just in case you/others missed it, one "side" of the supposed problem consists of HANDFULS of HAMereekan misfit CB'ers, many with a LONG documented history of misbehaviour off/on-air.... The other "side" consists of a single individual in another country who has NEVER been censured by his regulatory authority. That alone should--but apprently does not--give you pause....

BTW Pay attention when doing your so-called "research": It was NOT I who intro. "Hitler" in his various off/on-air incarnations/comparisons--it was Brian CROW K3VR.... Also, "bad taste" and "Hitler" make for even MORE UNEASY company than your comparisons.... IMNSHO Good or bad taste is arguably best left to the sucker and/or suckee....

Be that as it may, I suggest that you read MY prose/handful of posts on RR to-date only, MUCH more carefully before making future comment....

P.S.

The teacher inter alia blue-pencilled "Dic" by your "dubious"....
Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 AM

Exclamation CDN is Karol Madera

You do realize the guy you're arguing with about Karol Madera, is Karol Madera? I heard him on 14275 yesterday laughing with another guy that the mods at radio reference are all stupid because they banned him as "VE7KFM" but they allow him to post as "CDN" -- anyway, carry on, just thought you should know.

Mods, if you care, check and see if the ip is from SHAW. Pretty easy, but take his word for it, not mine. Last I knew his ip was 24.68.120.43 but if it changed, it's something in the 24.64.0.0 - 24.71.255.255 range unless he arrives via proxy. I'd like to see CDN deny he's Karol Madera. So go ahead "CDN" we're waiting...
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2008, 3:06 PM
VE7KFM Duplicate Account

Thumbs down USA is a "bait-trolling ********"

As some of you might know, in amateur radio there is a noble, egalitarian and now Century-long tradition, virtually mandating the use of 1st name and call-sign only. Even in CB radio it is standard to use “handles” and certainly not surnames. This Blog, never mind the so-called “argument”, was NOT about “Karol Madera”, is NOT about “Karol Madera”, NOR should it be about “Karol Madera”…. This Blog is by “viking396” a.k.a. Erik a.k.a. the just-licensed KC9NRN [congratulations] and his premature/immature ‘pronouncements’ about “Amateur Radio Today”.

Moreover, on compu-geek forums on the World-Wide-Wasteland it is apparently acceptable/normal to use a pseudonym by way of a ‘fig leaf’, but which often in the context nevertheless tells us something about the poster. Thus, “CDN” is obviously a proud Canadian, while in the context “USA” likely harkens from the former East Germany, where s/he/it may have been a “Stazi” obsessed with “The Lives of Others”….

Perfunctory advice to “USA”: “Don’t ask/Don’t tell”, a concept with which s/he/it likely is more familiar. Or, to quote a previous poster: “Bad taste, truly bad taste.” Bad taste on the 1st post to use argumentum ad hominem and more against a member in good standing, especially one with only 5 posts and posting within the Rules.

More importantly, “USA” is highly disingenuous [read: a LIAR] when he writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA View Post
I heard him on 14275 yesterday laughing with another guy that the mods at radio reference are all stupid because they banned him as "VE7KFM" but they allow him to post as "CDN"....

Nothing could be further from the truth—as previously advised/~always on 14.275 MHz. And most of the Mods here NOW know it! Obviously, to quote Fred LLOYD AA7BQ “USA” is a “bait-trolling *******” [see http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/ in general and http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/k3vr.htm in particular for the entire quote/context and draw your own conclusions as to the true identity of “USA”].

But, for sport, to answer the mendacious question posed by “USA”….

The Record shows that “VE7KFM” 1st registered herein more than a year ago and was banned, within days, after making some very curious posts, some seemingly against his own interest…. [BTW This same odd thing appears to have happened to “VE7KFM” on several other radio-related forums, before and since….] For more than a year until recently, that broad ‘hint’ and more that the “VE7KFM” registration on RR may not have been all that it was purported to be, was there for everyone to see…. Thus, the Mods herein may fairly be characterized as “slow” [in the “normal” sense of the word], but neither the real “VE7KFM” nor “CDN” has ever called them “stupid”…. That type of “bait-trolling”, in this kind of context, is the well-known MO of the s/he/it currently masquerading as “USA”….

Suffice it to say that “VE7KFM” remains banned—the equities notwithstanding—and as such “CDN” is not and patently cannot be “VE7KFM” herein.

Critical thinking is not for the weak-minded.

Last edited by loumaag; 08-05-2008 at 4:54 PM.. Reason: Removing foul language
Old 08-05-2008, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN View Post
Gobbledygook snipped... Regardless of whether or not user VE7KFM is banned, user CDN is Karol Madera, VE7KFM. Any mod here can probably check to see if your ip address is 24.68.120.43 or something in the 24.64.0.0 - 24.71.255.255 range, if SHAW has changed your ip recently. Why are you lying about your identity Karol Madera?
Old 08-05-2008, 9:00 PM

Quote:
(Heh. I found this post googling for VE7KFM, because I was hearing him last night on 14.275 using a rubber duck antenna. Pretty dang loud - 2 kilos will do that though.)

A few things I feel like addressing today (warning: rant coming).

First, this whole "grammar, language, spelling" diatribe that folks on this thread seem to think is necessary. It really isn't. Using complex sentence structures, latin terms, and complicated vocabulary doesn't make your post any more compelling or interesting. It actually makes it more confusing. I would rather read a clear sentence with a simple vocabulary that I can understand than a complicated sentence that I have to break out a dictionary for and diagram it in order to understand.

Now, about ham radio. Mostly addressed to Viking396.

The mess on 14.275, 80 meters, etc. What would you like to be done? Jam them? Well, that's immature and illegal, and it has been done by others, so that's right out. Refer them to the FCC/RCI? Been done. Record them all day/night and turn tapes in to the FCC/RCI? Okay, but then that is all you will be using your transciever for, and there is so much more out there to be doing. Obsessing over the negative parts of ham radio just takes too much energy and time. And unlike others, I have some confidence in the AA, FCC, and RCI to catch and punish the offenders. It make take a while longer than I'd like, but in the meantime, there is a lot more ham radio out there. For me, I'd rather not touch these folks with a 32.784 foot pole. It just continues to fuel them.

Accountability and ham radio - seriously, hams aren't answerable to anyone other than other hams? Have you read part 97? Besides issues of secondary allocations (vacating 60 and 30 meters when in use, PAVE PAWS and the like), what about interference to neighbors? We are responsible for these things, and last time I checked government users and neighbors aren't necessarily hams. One of the explicitly stated purposes of ham radio is to foster international goodwill. Not to mention some local goodwill too. Public service events tend to do that. Good operating practices (outlined in 97) do that too. If we want ham radio to be a continuing hobby, then maintaining a good reputation is a must.

One of the other explicitly stated aims of amateur radio is to advance the radio art. I'm sorry, but 100W SSB is nice, but it really isn't advancing the radio art (unless you are doing some really good DXing with that). My advice: get (or make) the cables to hook your transciever to the sound card of your computer and try some digital modes. You can hear and reach some amazing things on PSK31. Or use one of the still growing number of amateur satellites, some of which you can reach with nothing more than a handy talkie. With WSJT software, 50 watts, and a two meter yagi, you can do some pretty successful moonbounce.

This is all just my two cents, of course. Might I make the radical suggestion that radioreference.com does not equal ham radio. Neither does qrz.com, eham.net, hamsexy.com, or any other web forum. They tend to be more of a sideshow than a discussion of operating practices, etc. If you want a useful discussion about the hobby, look for it on the air, not on the web.

Alex KB7PST
Well said, I stayed away from this place for a few months, in that time I have learned a lot. I'm going to respond to a few and say bye bye for a few more months. In that time CDN/Karol will write long winded responses again, or is he banned by now, I haven't checked.

Thanks for the level headed post. I have indeed made some cables for my rig and for the antenna's. I am also ordering the parts to restore my Heathkit SB-220 and to fix up my SB-301. I go for my General next month and studying for the Extra hopefully right after the holidays.

Old 08-05-2008, 9:11 PM

Quote:
WOW—what a change not visiting for a month makes!

I think that you made the right decision to leave this forum. I would caution you, however, to keep the observations made by others [and possibly even myself] as well as any ‘lessons internalized/learned’ herein foremost in mind when commenting on other forums…. Because, if you continue posting thereon with similar reckless abandon you demonstrated here, you will be just a short, sharp lawsuit away from financial disaster….

CDN/Karol/CrazyLoon/VE7KFM or whatever name you're using now, have your lawyer contact me at his earliest convenience because I will say whatever wherever I choose, just like you do except you think only others can get in trouble. You, like every other ignorant narcissist little man feel you can get away with anything, think again, only one person thinks highly of you and the mirror won't help you here.

The sooner I talk to whoever is stupid enough to handle any case you bring, the better it will be. So whatever you have to bring, bring it and hope ya brung enough...

Oh one last thing, you wrote "Suffice it to say that even Hitler [to whom Karol has been compared by the obsessed/psychotic individual] arguably did not have such one-sided ‘negative press’ during his hey-day….

No, he would have slaughtered anybody who would dare say anything negative, or threaten them with a lawsuit like other half wits we both know, you being the biggest one I have met online.

Last edited by viking396; 08-05-2008 at 10:06 PM..
Old 08-05-2008, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4rvh View Post
I have 2 friends in NC that have cars without a license. One is blind and the other one is severely disabled. You can own one and even insure it in NC. You just have to have someone with a license drive you around.

Chris
Noted, stay the heck away from NC, thanks for the update.
Old 08-05-2008, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4rvh View Post
You mentioned QRZ in another post. If you think this is place is bad go sign up for QRZ. These guys are nice compared to them. By the way welcome to Ham Radio.

Chris
Chris,

First thanks, aside from this little episode Ham radio has been fantastic!

Here is what I said "This site is NOT only for licensed hams, if it were you would be required to have a call sign when you sign up (maybe you think you logged onto QRZ?.

I mentioned QRZ as in having a license to join, not saying it's better, not saying it's not. To the ones who will argue anything this might start a huge multi page debate on whats needed to join QRZ. I don't care, I joined when I got my ticket so if I was wrong at the time of writing, so be it.

Have a great night Chris.

Erik

Last edited by viking396; 08-05-2008 at 9:45 PM..
Old 08-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
As some of you might know, in amateur radio there is a noble, egalitarian and now Century-long tradition, virtually mandating the use of 1st name and call-sign only. Even in CB radio it is standard to use “handles” and certainly not surnames. This Blog, never mind the so-called “argument”, was NOT about “Karol Madera”, is NOT about “Karol Madera”, NOR should it be about “Karol Madera”…. This Blog is by “viking396” a.k.a. Erik a.k.a. the just-licensed KC9NRN [congratulations] and his premature/immature ‘pronouncements’ about “Amateur Radio Today”.
Karol/CDN/CrazyLoon/MoonBat/Fruitcake/VE7KFM/Madera,

My blog about Amateur Radio was how I felt at the time. It does not need to meet your criteria; you don’t have to like it or agree with it and in it I can say anything I wish as you blatantly do in that trash pile you call a web site. Who taught you html, or worse yet what template you using, it’s horrid. Send this straight to your lawyer don’t be slow, I’m sure this is slanderous or something, hurry up already. My lawyer is waiting and has lots of tissue for the laughing fit he'll have to endure reading anything you might send, please write it in your best legalese though, we want his staff to enjoy the many giggles as well.

Quote:
Suffice it to say that “VE7KFM” remains banned—the equities notwithstanding—and as such “CDN” is not and patently cannot be “VE7KFM” herein.
What 2 year old child inept attempt at writing something legalese, pause for breath I'm laughing so hard... who do you think will believe that ridiculous attempt at legalese writing? I forgot you think you're a lawyer.... ok, be right back, lau..ghing...s...hard....now.... you slay me Karol!!

Anybody believes this guy isn’t Karol, then yes, you’re a moron (use your best Jeff Foxworthy impression). Oh, don’t forget to include this to your lawyer Karol or write a note to yourself, must not miss one little tidbit and all it entails.... forthwith.... equities not withstanding.... suffice it to say you can be patently funny even when its not your intention..... and all that entails...

Quote:

Agreed Karol, you seek to prove online and on the air every day so stop trying, it must hurt but it does explain all the beer drinking. Speaking of drinking go on the air drinking again, you're at least funny then.

EDIT: Legalese was used as a joke, not as funny as the person attempting it I admit but I do digress...

Sorry, no 73 for you, anybody but you.

Last edited by viking396; 08-05-2008 at 11:35 PM..