RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Tavern Archives

Tavern Archives Archive of all posts in the Tavern. We will periodically archive old posts here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eorange View Post
Well, I'm convinced the smell is from the Craftsman screwdrivers. I cleaned a bunch of my tools with Simple Green. The Craftsmen screwdrivers still have that puke smell in the handle, while all the other non-Craftsmen tools now smell fine (and clean!).
I've had several sets of Craftsman screwdrivers, and none of them have ever smelled bad. It's always the Excelite tools.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 AM

Had a good laugh yesterday. Friend of mine who is a ham, not a pro in the radio business, just received a UPS delivery of one of the big dog Excelite tool sets with the nice three fold tote box. You know, a Christmas reward for himself. He opened the carton and immediately wanted to know what that funk was. When I told him he'd get that stink with the Excelite back some months ago, he just blew it off and ordered them anyway, but he's fully clued in now.

His wife was in the room and caught one whiff of it, looked as though she was going to gag, and relegated it to the outdoor shed where the lawn mower stays! Ha Ha Ha! "Smells like rotting garbage and spoiled milk! Get that crap outta my den! Now! And don't even think about puttin' it in the garage where my car is!"

LMAO!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Not Posting

A few years back there was a recall (or at lease a "silent recall") on Craftsmen Screw driver sets that smelled bad.

Yes, the Excelite ones have always had that smell. I think it goes away as you get the handles soaked with a mixture of carburetor cleaner, engine oil and brake fluid (for automotive tools), or tuner cleaner, and contact grease (for electrical tools).
Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA1CRZ View Post
Funny thing your toolbox smells like puke. My girlfriends crotch smells like a toolbox.
Wow, I almost choked and my wife is looking at my like I'm crazy I'm laughing so hard....
Old 12-17-2008, 9:59 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well here's another chance to laugh, "toolbox" is a double entendre.
Sponsored links