RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Tavern Archives

Tavern Archives - Archive of all posts in the Tavern. We will periodically archive old posts here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 7:22 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Default **fraud Alert**

**FRAUD ALERT**

I am writing this because i have been scammed by a teen names Jesse Hoge from Freeport Ohio,

over a year ago i sent this kid 2 10 channel SP50's UHF with chargers, battery's and antenna's, and a 20 Channel UHF M1225 with mounting bracket, antenna and mic,

all the equipment was used by just very little, and in mint condition,

for over a year, he told me his name was Bernard Hoge, who is his father, he was dumb enough to give me his address, phone number, but sience then i have lost it,

but,

i do have his email address, hghoged@yahoo.com and his AIM Screen name is hghoged

it has been over a year, i have not received anything from him, i recently got in contact with this scumbag, and this was his reply

"the m1225 is on its way iw ill be there by tuseday by usps flat rate shipping no tracking when using flat rate shipping no tracking number is given
also it was sent out today @ 10:30am est
if any questions email me back asap the radio does work and power up with no problems"

i saw an add on the Twowayshopper.com stating that he needed an M1225 non working with no power cable or mounting bracket,

so he was trying to send me a dud radio back, which i have never recieved,
he lives in freeport ohio and i was wondering if anyone else has had a run in with this kid?....i am going to call the detectives or whoever, so if anyone has any info please shoot it along to me!

thanks alot
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2006, 9:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs down

No info, some people are asses hope they get this one for you........hoser147
Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 PM

Sorry this has happened to you friend. Trading stuff by mail is the most difficult and risky. It sounds like you had some good equipment. I can only suggest that next time you sell your gear for money, like on Ebay or wherever, then take the money and buy the other items that you want.

good luck
Old 05-05-2006, 12:03 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtown800
**FRAUD ALERT**

I am writing this because i have been scammed by a teen names Jesse Hoge from Freeport Ohio,

over a year ago i sent this kid 2 10 channel SP50's UHF with chargers, battery's and antenna's, and a 20 Channel UHF M1225 with mounting bracket, antenna and mic,

all the equipment was used by just very little, and in mint condition,

for over a year, he told me his name was Bernard Hoge, who is his father, he was dumb enough to give me his address, phone number, but sience then i have lost it,

but,

i do have his email address, hghoged@yahoo.com and his AIM Screen name is hghoged

it has been over a year, i have not received anything from him, i recently got in contact with this scumbag, and this was his reply

"the m1225 is on its way iw ill be there by tuseday by usps flat rate shipping no tracking when using flat rate shipping no tracking number is given
also it was sent out today @ 10:30am est
if any questions email me back asap the radio does work and power up with no problems"

i saw an add on the Twowayshopper.com stating that he needed an M1225 non working with no power cable or mounting bracket,

so he was trying to send me a dud radio back, which i have never recieved,
he lives in freeport ohio and i was wondering if anyone else has had a run in with this kid?....i am going to call the detectives or whoever, so if anyone has any info please shoot it along to me!

thanks alot
might of able to track him down if you told us earlier when it first happened.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:05 AM

Load your 9mm and make a house call.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypoppa60
Load your 9mm and make a house call.

i wish it were that simple!!...lol...i am gonna call the court house first thing in the morning, i am a nice guy and i gave this kid more than one chance to redeem himself, he kept promising that i would at least get something back, it sucks when you work and work for equipment to get ripped off, thanks alot for all the help, if anyone has anymore info on this please don't hesitate to PM or Email me, thanks to all for the help,
Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtown800
i wish it were that simple!!...lol...i am gonna call the court house first thing in the morning, i am a nice guy and i gave this kid more than one chance to redeem himself, he kept promising that i would at least get something back, it sucks when you work and work for equipment to get ripped off, thanks alot for all the help, if anyone has anymore info on this please don't hesitate to PM or Email me, thanks to all for the help,
i have been trading for years on strong signals on here two if someone is new wants to trade or sell/buyl with me i will ask if anybody can give give me a reference about the person if not he has to ship to me first i can give many references if they dont trust me.

Last edited by maalox; 05-05-2006 at 12:39 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 12:39 AM

Default That Frekin sucks ARRGHHH !!!

MAn that sucks terribly soo
Money is helluva tight these day andd ARRRRGHHHH
Anhow,
Next time try Scanners Unlimited out SAn Carlos in Caifornia
Great peope..
Regards,
Crista
Old 05-05-2006, 12:42 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristisphoto
MAn that sucks terribly soo
Money is helluva tight these day andd ARRRRGHHHH
Anhow,
Next time try Scanners Unlimited out SAn Carlos in Caifornia
Great peope..
Regards,
Crista
what does this has to do with anything.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:46 AM

Default UGHH hey hey beavis

UGH you figure it out
Old 05-05-2006, 12:47 AM

i did that, and it ended up being him and his cousin using fake emails to give me references, that is something also i forgot to mention that his cousin James from Ackron ohio also helps him rip people off, so please dont deal with these people, they are kids who rip people off,

i recieved an email from a man who stated that jesse email him looking for a M1225 that would just power up to light up and nothing more, so it would be a dud and send it to me, so i am very frustrated at this point because i really want my equipment back, i dont know the chances of getting my stuff back, but it is very very frustrating because i am a stupid forgiving a**hole, and i should have known better,

but i really appreciate all the help that everyone has givin me, thank you very much
]
Old 05-05-2006, 12:50 AM

Quote:
UGH you figure it out

huh?....i am not really looking to really buy scanners, i am more into the commercial radio field, i use them mostly for work and this a**hole told me if i gave him my radios he would trade me a repeater under the assumption that he was bernard hoge a 61 year old man, but it ended up being a 19 year old punk....no offense to anyone of that age on the RR
Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
UGH you figure it out
think your on the wrong website forums. instead of being on rr you should be on drug reference!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:52 AM

If you used the United States Postal Service you can contact your local USPS office and request to talk someone about fraud. If you use USPS with insurance (automatic 100 USD) you can also research if there's an opprotunity to file a claim.

USPS is slow .... very slow. They do investigate claims.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I had someone try to rip me off and all I had to do was threaten him with mail fraud. I gave him 3 days to send me my money or I would file. I had the money the next day.
Old 05-05-2006, 1:00 PM

i tried that, but this kid id dull and don't care.....i am calling the court house
Old 05-05-2006, 2:28 PM

In a civil case, you need to contact the local circuit courthouse of the plaintiff. If your seeking criminal fraud complaint then you should contact the non emergency police to file a complaint.

If you contact your district Attorney's office you probably won't get anywhere. It depends on the policy of the attorney's office.
Old 05-05-2006, 5:59 PM

ROAD TRIP! I'd drive ther and stalk them.. Ambushing those kids would be a story for life! You could do any thing to get eaven man... Use the noggin.^j^-`* !j!

Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 AM
K9DJW - Senior Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

For future sales, use eBay and only accept PayPal. It is more secure that way, and if you get scammed, you will probably get your money back (in time).

It happened to me more than once (but in reverse - I was the buyer) and I got my money back via PayPal. Both times the dipsticks never sent the items.

Last edited by hotdjdave; 05-06-2006 at 12:07 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 4:01 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not to be nit-picking or anything, but isnt this theft and not fraud?

Fraud = Promising something in exchange for payment, and not delivering once payment is received

Theft = Taking something and not paying for it