Sevier County & Pigeon Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yup, another question from a d*mn tourist! Just wondering if the Sheriffs Office and Pigeon Forge are simulcasting on their old UHF freqs or not? Or do I have to take the time to put the trunked system into my 996? Thanks in advance.

Mike

n4yek

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg still use their UHF freqs, they don't use the trunk.
The Sheriff's dept, and county fire depts. use the trunk so program away.... :)
Sevierville PD use both conventional and the trunk; depends on how they feel that day.

Last edited:

btritch

I'm gonna be in this area in 6 days for a week! I'm crossing 20 counties from Greene Arkansas To Sevier TN, Any Special Systems or recommendations to listen to?

wcu02mpa

GSMNP digital

Bring a digital scanner as the GSM national park has plenty of radio traffic. It is VHF and is digital. Also listen for 42.42, 42.56, 45.70, 42.36 (THP car-to-car) and 158.730 (THP high-band) for THP.

Mike

btritch

Bring a digital scanner as the GSM national park has plenty of radio traffic. It is VHF and is digital. Also listen for 42.42, 42.56, 45.70, 42.36 (THP car-to-car) and 158.730 (THP high-band) for THP.

Mike

I have a digital scanner, our statewide system here is digital, State Police, Most County SO's and cities are switching so that's a must here, I have the THP freqs entered, I must have missed the GSM though, I'll have to back and check that.

EDIT: I'm not finding that system in the program or database page, What's it listed as/under?

I'd like to have it!

Thanks!

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions to my original question and helping btritch out also! :cool:

Mike

powerlineman

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg still use their UHF freqs, they don't use the trunk.
The Sheriff's dept, and county fire depts. use the trunk so program away.... :)
Sevierville PD use both conventional and the trunk; depends on how they feel that day.

Does Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Fire Dept still use conventional as well? Or are they on the LTR system. I'm coming down in July and really don't care to listen to the cops but love listening to the FD.

Thanks

Jeff
K9MNS

btritch

Does Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Fire Dept still use conventional as well? Or are they on the LTR system. I'm coming down in July and really don't care to listen to the cops but love listening to the FD.

Thanks

Jeff
K9MNS

This Was Me Also, All I listen to around here are the FD's Traffic...And Yea! Thanks For The Help ALL!

They can confirm better than me but if I recall, Seems like I remember Seeing FD's listed on the Trunk System Page.

n4yek

Pigeon Forge dispatch and use their conventional freqs, but they also have a Freq they use Nexedge digital. They have the capability to be on the trunk but do not use it unless it is a multiagency tone out.

Gatlinburg dispatch and use their conventional freqs all the time.

All other fire department in the county use the Sevier County trunk.
You also want to program the Land Air trunk systems as the Fire department Interop freqs are on that system.

Last edited:

powerlineman

Pigeon Forge dispatch and use their conventional freqs, but they also have a Freq they use Nexedge digital. They have the capability to be on the trunk but do not use it unless it is a multiagency tone out.

Gatlinburg dispatch and use their conventional freqs all the time.

All other fire department in the county use the Sevier County trunk.
You also want to program the Land Air trunk systems as the Fire department Interop freqs are on that system.

Sounds messed up. So there is a 450 LTR system, a 800 system of sorts. Pigeon Forge has nexedge, and interops are done on a private commercial LTR system? wow

Status
Not open for further replies.