SkyWarn Ham Repeaters DB TN District 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2guntom

Is this list up to date?
(I went to http://www.wx4tn.org/ but it didn't give me any freq/repeater lists)
Severe Weather Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
District 7 - Upper East Tennessee
NextLevel.gif

District 7 serves NWSFO Morristown for Carter, Greene, Hawkins, Johnson, Unicoi, and Washington counties in Tennessee, along with Sullivan County (including the independent city of Bristol) in Virginia. For more details see http://www.wx4tn.org/ .

146.70000 KE4CCB Primary Repeater
146.92500 K4DHT Secondary Repeater
146.79000 W4TRC Tertiary Repeater
145.29000 KF4ZQA Fourth Repeater
146.70000 Simplex (if all repeaters unavailable)
442.20000 KE4CCB NWS Liaison (not for spotter reports)

The wx4tn.org website looks all but abandoned. Most of the posts are 2 years old. I tried to sign up but never got a confirmation from the admin.

Years ago, there used to be a repeater for every county.

Is this list right?
Where do I go to get the up-to-date info?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know if you're a ham; if you are, surely a few well placed questions on the popular 2 meter repeaters would bring an answer. There's a net listed on Monday night at 9 - can you hear it or get into it? Barring this, I would check the national Skywarn website (although it's quite possible it will still list this website you mentioned) or your local coordination council.

Our database does have some Skywarn stuff, as does our wiki, but I have no idea how up to date it would be or whether there's anything there for your counties.

73 Mike

Last edited:

2guntom

I was really hoping for somebody a little closer to this area than Maryland.

The national site skywarn.org links me to the same website wx4tn.org . That site has a few "shouts" that are new, but most of the info is 3 years old.

No, I cannot hit the 146.700 repeater in Bristol.

2guntom

I don't know if you're a ham; if you are, surely a few well placed questions on the popular 2 meter repeaters would bring an answer. There's a net listed on Monday night at 9 - can you hear it or get into it? Barring this, I would check the national Skywarn website (although it's quite possible it will still list this website you mentioned) or your local coordination council...

73 Mike

The latest-

I did check into a local net, although it was not local :confused:. The 145.41 repeater (Greene Co) hosts the Jefferson Co ARES net Monday nights @ 1900. After the net, I asked lots of questions.

The 146.94 & 145.47 repeaters are the BIG SKYWARN repeaters. BUT, these are District 6, not District 7.

The 147.03 in Morristown has a weather radio interface. When a weather warning comes up for District 7, the repeater will automatically announce the severe weather alert.

The 145.41 & 145.39 repeaters (Greene Co.) do collect weather information to be forwarded to NWS.

147.51 simplex (no repeater) is still listed for Cocke Co.

And, with all this Q&A, internet searching, and so on, I did find a nice website widget. It is a search engine for finding transmitters (and ham repeaters) within a certain proximity.

Try it out

K1IW Amateur Radio Repeater and Broadcast Transmitter Database Websearch

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Just seen your post, yeah all of those are confirmed and functional. I keep them in a separate bank on my scanners for Skywarn Purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.