Wings Dispatches - Tri-Cites

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaLTD

Anyone know what the new Wings frequency is? Or can find out? Or what frequencies to seach?

I'm no longer hearing the dispatches and reports back in to the JC Med Center. I'm still hearing some communication on the Tri-Cities Communications talkgroup noted in the database but not any dispatches.

A few days (maybe a week) ago I heard Medcom tell Wings to "switch over to the new frequency". Since then no dispatches. And I just know they had to have dispatched something with 5 aircraft and the Niswonger transport. If nothing else they always seem to have transfers between hospitals.

I'm not even sure if the "new frequency" would be a new talkgroup ID on Tri-Cities Communication System or a new frequency altogether. I'm trying a Wildcard to see if I can pick up a new talkgroup but nothing so far.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, but you may try one of the MedCom freq.

akaLTD

Thanks for the frequencies. I have most of the Medcom ones but will check to make sure I have them all. There's a couple that jfhtm350 posted I don't have entered so will get those in.

I'll just have to deal with all the other business chatter on the Tri-Cities Communication system to see if they might have a new talkgroup.

So far no luck anywhere yet. If I find something I'll be sure to post here. I really miss not hearing them.

akaLTD

Another thought just crossed my mind ... I don't live to far from the JC Med Center, I can see and usually hear the choppers coming/going so I may just drive over to their maintenance hangar I ask them.

I also just remembered when they got a new pilot he was told to stop by dispatch to meet everyone. I have a general idea where it's at so may drive there and see if they'll tell me.

I'll report back when/if I find out something.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Good deal. Who knows maybe they will just tell you and you get to meet the ones your listening to. Let us know what comes out of it.
Here is a list of a whole lot of medcom channels spaced very closely together that davewhall29 didnt post. It starts off with 462.9500
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mt_interop_freqs.pdf

I just posted the ones that were more commonly used in the East TN area, but I appreciate that list. Now I can add to my list.

Thanks.

jfhtm350

Try this one:
857.1375 91.5PL conventional
Sounded like a life flight to me. It was very weak down here, but I can pick up frequencies in your direction.
I cant find anything on that frequency that isnt trunked and I dont have a clue who it is.

akaLTD

Try this one:
857.1375 91.5PL conventional
Sounded like a life flight to me. It was very weak down here, but I can pick up frequencies in your direction.
I cant find anything on that frequency that isnt trunked and I dont have a clue who it is.
Thanks .. I'll check it out. I didn't have that one programed in. I did pick up Wings giving a report to a hospital on one of the Medcom frequencies but couldn't get to the scanner in time to see which one it was. BUT, not sure he was talking to JC Med Center or another Med Center since the signal was very faint.

I'm still hearing some Wings stuff on the Tri-Cities Communication system but mostly giving how much gas he took, he's going to the maintenence hanger or post dispatch kind of stuff. Just not hearing the actual dispatches. I also picked up a couple Wings talking to each other on the Air Traffic freq 123.0250 and know they were coming in to the JC Med Center from a scene call in Carter County but never heard them talk to JC Med Center like I used to be able to.

While typing this after I programmed the freq you gave me I did catch part of a transmission that sounded like an air rescue flight but was very faint signal and lost it before I could tell.

Haven't had much time to really check into this much yet. Other than adding a few more frequencies.

jfhtm350

While typing this after I programmed the freq you gave me I did catch part of a transmission that sounded like an air rescue flight but was very faint signal and lost it before I could tell.

Let us know how it turns out.
Isnt there a wings or some other lifeflight in greene county? That would explain both of our ends being faint.

Another thing you could try, like you say is the aircraft band. Didnt think of that. Maybe they moved dispatch to there.

Last edited:

akaLTD

Let us know how it turns out.
Isnt there a wings or some other lifeflight in greene county? That would explain both of our ends being faint.

Another thing you could try, like you say is the aircraft band. Didnt think of that. Maybe they moved dispatch to there.

Just caught Wings 3 talking to base on 857.13750. According to their service area here: Mountain States Health Alliance | Service Area , if that page is up to date, would make it coming from Jenkins, KY.

Oh yeah .. it Wings 2 that is supposed to be based in Greeneville, TN

Thanks again for that frequency.

And I did hear Wings give a hospital report to Holston Valley Hosp which usually ID themselves as such so getting closer just still not JC Med Center.

akaLTD

OK. We have a dispatch winner!!!!

The frequency that jfhtm350 posted ... 857.13750 .. is definitely Wings. And I just heard them dispatch Wings to Hancock County for a scene call.

But more importantly I recognize the voices of 2 of the dispatchers as being the ones on the Tri-Cities Com system with talkgroup ID 49296 already noted on the Database page but this signal is weaker.

Now I just need to find the Wings to JC Med Center frequency. I'll have to monitor it a bit more to find that one out. It helps a lot to know when and where they're dispatched to so I know what hospital they'll be going to.

Thanks again jfhtm350 .. very much appreciated!

jfhtm350

Did you come up with the same PL code of 91.5? It is possible that they have several repeaters on the same frequency that cover the service area but use different PL codes such as Lifestar in Knoxville.

akaLTD

Did you come up with the same PL code of 91.5? It is possible that they have several repeaters on the same frequency that cover the service area but use different PL codes such as Lifestar in Knoxville.
Yes .. PL 91.5 but I do think I saw another PL code but couldn't hit the pause or STOR button quick enough.

It's funny now that I can devote more time to listening I'm not hearing any Wings activity. Isn't that the way it always goes. LOL And it's Saturday night, should be lots of things going on, but a bit early yet.

jfhtm350

When it rains you can bet youll hear them on there.

Do all of the Wings (1,2,3,4) always come back to Johnson City Medical Center or do they go to other hospitals or what? Im thinking the wings in Greeneville is based at Takoma Hospital. If they dont ever bring patients back to Takoma it wouldnt make sense to me to be based at that hospital.

akaLTD

They go to different hospitals depending on the needs. If they need a Level 3 trauma center then it's usually JC Med Center or Holston Valley in Kingsport. I'm not sure that Greeneville has a level 3 trauma center but I hear them going there sometimes. It can depend on the distance too. There have been a couple times where there was so many air rescue flights coming to JC Med Center that they'll divert to another hospital if the distance is almost the same or don't need Level 3 trauma.

Plus I hear them (used to hear them) doing a lot of hospital to hospital transfers which could mean any hospital.

That police officer shooting last year in VA where there was 4 officers (I think it was 4) were shot, Wings brought one back into JC Med Center. The whole reason I knew about the shooting is I heard Wings being dispatched to it and that 2 other Wings plus one air rescue from Bristol Regional was there. You know when you hear 4 choppers being dispatched to a scene something big is going on. I got most of my info from them regarding the situation. They even told Wings to approach the landing zone from a certain direction because the shooter was still at large and didn't want them flying into gunfire.

I get lots of info from Wings dispatches including weather reports that might alert me to severe weather coming my way. That's why I miss(ed) it so much.

akaLTD

Well I just got a report from Wings to JC Med Center on the Washington County Public Safety p25 system with the talkgroup ID 607 all of which is noted in the Database. So either they haven't been flying much in the last 2 weeks or something happened because I always monitor that talkgroup and this is the first report from Wings I've gotten in 2 weeks. It was just so quiet for so long that it was very unusual.

But the Main dispatch is now definitely on 857.13750. Probably need to update the Database with this new frequency.

EDIT: I used the submission form to request the new frequency be added to the Database.

Last edited:

jfhtm350

Try this one. There was something said about a landing zone. It too was weak. It may be another channel:
855.5625 82.5 pl (dont program in the pl code and see if your scanner picks up the same code I got)

Also while you are scanning that frequency program these in and see what these are. Program them in as conventional channels with repeater code search on. They may be trunked but they are registered under the same person (steve blankenbeker) and may be more wings frequencies:

Let me know what you come up with on these frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.