I75 large truck loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfd7031

I've seen several news outlets report on this today. I75 south will be blocked from 8pm tonight until 7am in the morning between two exits due to large truck loads taking both lanes traveling at 10-15 mph. Ok but what seems strange to me is none of the reports say what it is. Secret? If anyone has any info or can spot the load tonight and possibly scan any frequencies please report back.

jfhtm350

Its probably one of those oversized loads that came through here. I cant remember what it was but it traveled very very slowly.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
From what I've seen, it appears to be a large piece of metal. It's nothing secret, it's just a large, oversized, heavy load that the trucks hauling it cannot move very fast.
I know that TDOT is sending out twitter feeds about the move. However, they have not announced what the objects are.

n4yek

So that's how they move those UFO's, surround them with a big metal case and close they highway.
Fox Mulder, where are you?
:)

Confuzzled

Where is this in relation to Oak Ridge?

What large construction projects are underway -- bridges, buildings, etc?

jfhtm350

Oak Ridge is west of I75. Im thinking it may have large generators they were moving at the time. Anyway they were huge. The trailer was probably 150 feet long.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
I-75 wide loads

The report here in Knoxville this AM was that the movements would be between exits 49 (Decatur Pike) and 36 (Bowaters-Calhoun Connector). I have been guessing it was something for Bowaters.

kf4lhp

Press release I saw said it was going to Exit 33 so I'd imagine some large parts for the new Wacker solar panel plant?

n5ims

Press release I saw said it was going to Exit 33 so I'd imagine some large parts for the new Wacker solar panel plant?

What kind of plant is "the new Wacker solar panel plant"? One that makes solar panels for old CVPIs and other PD looking vehicles to keep the battery charged while all of those blinky lights are a flashing?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
According to an article on the Cleveland TN Daily Banner website, the large piece of equipment is on its way to the Wacker Polysilicon North America construction site there near Charleston (between Chattanooga and Cleveland). There is also a picture of it on the website.

amedik

Wacker

All these large loads are for the Wacker industrial site, just off I-75, Exit 33, Charleston, TN. This is a very high tech German company, building from ground up not only a manufacturing & assembly facility, but a semi-conductor fab as well, that makes the integral components. Think "fab" like Intel, AMD, TI.

High paying electronic jobs.

According to an article on the Cleveland TN Daily Banner website, the large piece of equipment is on its way to the Wacker Polysilicon North America construction site there near Charleston (between Chattanooga and Cleveland). There is also a picture of it on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.