RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum

Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Tennessee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2017, 10:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The City of Dyersburg tonight approved funding to upgrade their system and to become a part of the TACN. Look for their site to become a part of the TACN network early next year.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2017, 11:49 PM

I am unsure of who keeps submitting Loudon County TGID 7542 as Dispatch 2 it has been referred to as Events multiple times not dispatch 2. Which I have recordings of. On the other hand, 7502
"Main" has been referred to as "Dispatch" and "Main" but its labeled that way in some of the radios as "A-LCSO DISP". But I have only ever heard 7542 to as "Events" not "Dispatch 2".
Old 12-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

When first set up it was going to be DISP,.. But has been relegated to EVENTS ... Still listed as DISP in some radios, but yeah, its EVENTS
Old 12-28-2017, 12:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachgallop View Post
I am unsure of who keeps submitting Loudon County TGID 7542 as Dispatch 2 it has been referred to as Events multiple times not dispatch 2. Which I have recordings of. On the other hand, 7502

"Main" has been referred to as "Dispatch" and "Main" but its labeled that way in some of the radios as "A-LCSO DISP". But I have only ever heard 7542 to as "Events" not "Dispatch 2".

Quote:
Originally Posted by milf View Post
When first set up it was going to be DISP,.. But has been relegated to EVENTS ... Still listed as DISP in some radios, but yeah, its EVENTS

Just do what I do:
“Can you copy on this channel?”
“Affirmative- go ahead.”

That’s all I care about lol. Car-to-car, talk around, event, whatever you want call it, so long as you know what everyone else means when you switch to another talk group you are in good shape!

Andrew | N2AL
Nurture your mind with great thought. To believe in the heroic makes heroes. - Benjamin Disraeli
Old 12-28-2017, 7:33 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

AND as long as your DISPATCHER/CONTROLLER knows whats what.... Have had a few issues here with Mutual Aid when one location changed their set up and FORGOT to tell the surrounding areas they changed up... So it took a few vital minutes of back and forth and a phone call to have units switched over to the right TG on that system.
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2018, 12:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Could somebody PLEASE assist me in how to enter in the different districts of THP seperatly on a whistler trx2? I have it where I hear all traffic from every district but I want it where I can only listen for instance to district 3 or district7. I know they have a Control and Alternative freq. And a couple other freqs as well but Im just not for sure how to enter it to where I only hear one particular district. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:50 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols970 View Post
Could somebody PLEASE assist me in how to enter in the different districts of THP seperatly on a whistler trx2? I have it where I hear all traffic from every district but I want it where I can only listen for instance to district 3 or district7. I know they have a Control and Alternative freq. And a couple other freqs as well but Im just not for sure how to enter it to where I only hear one particular district. Any advice would be appreciated.
In the software, setup your scan lists under that trunked system, in the talkgroups tab - i.e. set District 3 to scanlist 3, dist 7 to 7 (or whatever scanlist you want but that might make it easy), etc.
Old 01-03-2018, 2:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

So am I correct about this? If i put the Control channel and the Alternative channel in with the TGID, it only receive that certain district?
Old 01-03-2018, 6:09 PM
Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes you only need to put in the control channel and alt control channel for each site you want to monitor in your area. Then add all of the Talkgroups you want to monitor and there you go.

Do you have a Digital capable scanner?

Its time for me to use my powers for good and not evil.
Old 01-03-2018, 6:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yes, the Whistler TRX-2. Do you kno2 where i can locate the TGID's
Old 01-03-2018, 6:40 PM
Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You can only monitor your immediate area for that THP District.

Say like I live in Northeast TN, I can only monitor District 5. Every once in a while I can catch District 1 up here but its very rare.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-03-2018, 7:06 PM

On a Whistler TRX2 what all info do you have to have to program a DMR system that uses Mototrbo and Harris Tait DMR systems to program it by a computer?
Old 01-03-2018, 7:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yes, that is what im wanting. I live in the district 7 area. On an old uniden radio I have i can hear all over the state. I want it to where I can only hear one particular district at a time if I want. I have understood that i need to key in the Control and Alt freq. If i only add these two freqs, will it only go hear that tower? I am having an issue what else I need. I have been told I needed to enter the TGID to listen to one particular district. Is the Site number the actual number i need to add? Any advice on how to monitor one particular district would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-03-2018, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDog View Post
You can only monitor your immediate area for that THP District.

Say like I live in Northeast TN, I can only monitor District 5. Every once in a while I can catch District 1 up here but its very rare.

Hope that helps.
I got only the THP frequencies programmed in my radio and I can hear district 3 and 7 all the time and can also hear district 8 and sometimes district 4 but would like to know how to just listen to district 7 on my uniden 996T radio
Old 01-03-2018, 7:40 PM
Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Where you located TRam?

I have all of THPs TGs in my 436 and only get Dist 5

Old 01-03-2018, 10:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Tram is in Lewis County / the district 7 area
Old 01-03-2018, 11:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Yes, that is what im wanting. I live in the district 7 area. On an old uniden radio I have i can hear all over the state. I want it to where I can only hear one particular district at a time if I want. I have understood that i need to key in the Control and Alt freq. If i only add these two freqs, will it only go hear that tower? I am having an issue what else I need. I have been told I needed to enter the TGID to listen to one particular district. Is the Site number the actual number i need to add? Any advice on how to monitor one particular district would be greatly appreciated
Check the database on here - the talkgroups are listed in the left most column under each district. Site numbers are tower sites, not talkgroups.

We assume you are doing all of this within the EZScan software for your TRX2, right?
Old 01-03-2018, 11:57 PM
Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Picking up TG 11638 with odd non encrypted transmissions. RID# 2150304

Old 01-05-2018, 9:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03msc View Post
Check the database on here - the talkgroups are listed in the left most column under each district. Site numbers are tower sites, not talkgroups.

We assume you are doing all of this within the EZScan software for your TRX2, right?
Yes, I am using the EZScan software.
Old 01-05-2018, 9:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Yes, I am using the EZScan software.
OK. Well, the message of yours I quoted when I asked that was somewhat confusing because you said with your old scanner you hear all over the state. That isn't how a P25 system works - you will only hear talkgroups that are in the radios which are affiliated with the tower you are listening to and you can only pickup towers you are within range of.

So, you are better off to have a system with only the towers you can receive (likely 2 - 3 in most places) programmed in. Then on the talkgroups tab you have the talkgroups for what you want to listen to - THP and whatever other agencies you wish to hear. You will only hear them if there is a radio with that talkgroup programmed in it affiliated with the tower you're listening to which is why it is usually pointless to include every talkgroup in the system in your scanner.

Tags