RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum

Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Tennessee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 5:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannerhobby97 View Post
I was wondering the same thing I still hear McMinn county on analog.
McMinn is still on analog. They tested several TGs a couple of years ago, and use some of those very rarely. I do know they used the S.O. TG during a school shooting training session so their main channel wouldn't be busy and to test out the coverage. Haven't heard much on those TG since, but I'm not down that way as much since I moved.

Looks like with all the newly added ones, maybe McMinn is getting ready to switch over.

Don't know anything about the other two counties, other than I hear a few TGs every now and then.

Last edited by davewhall29; 11-08-2018 at 5:22 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2018, 8:04 AM

We might have one more agency joining TACN in the near future, stay tuned!
Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Think Anderson Sheriff has maybe switched over to TACN full time now.They have been using OPS1 a lot for dispatching calls, putting out BOLOS, and traffic stops now. Have not heard stuff on sheriff uhf. Can anybody confirm? OPS 2 is popping a lot to maybe for that’s Search and Rescue, but it is full time encrypted.One Fire unit is popping up on Anderson Net (Unit 7800). Fire and EMS are still using analog for the most part.Think OPS 1 is dispatch, but somebody submitted a “dispatch” talkgroup I have never seen pop up before. All calls are being dispatched on OPS1 as far as I know.

Last edited by zachgallop; 11-17-2018 at 1:39 PM..
Old 11-17-2018, 3:30 PM

PM Sent Zach. I figure i would keep the respnse to this one on the RR PM Talkgroup D-E
Old 11-20-2018, 4:25 PM

Got the LifeStar Talkgroup #47310. The circle is almost complete! Thanks MILF

Tags