RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum

Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Tennessee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 1:51 AM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Exclamation The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

All discussions related to the State of Tennessee's TROOPNET, especially UNID talkgroups, and tower sites should use this thread. The TVRTS will be a subsystem of this expanding Project 25 TRS, and should be discussed here as well.

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 10-06-2012 at 2:05 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2012, 1:55 AM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

The Tennessee Dept. of Safety has petitioned the FCC to being testing of their new TROOPNET sites in the Nashville area. Sadly, these new sites will Project 25 Phase II TDMA capable. More details are available on the FCC Web site:

License application

73's

Ron

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 10-06-2012 at 2:03 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 7:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
The Tennessee Dept. of Safety has petitioned the FCC to being testing of their new TROOPNET sites in the Nashville area. Sadly, these new sites will Project 25 Phase II TDMA capable. More details are available on the FCC Web site:

License application

73's

Ron
Even though these sites are Phase II TDMA "capable" does that mean that is what they will use, or could they use Phase I. Is there any way of finding out?
Old 10-06-2012, 7:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Doubled posted accidently.

Last edited by jimg; 10-06-2012 at 7:26 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 AM

How are you getting the information on the P25 phase II? I dont see any info for that on the application.
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2012, 2:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhtm350 View Post
How are you getting the information on the P25 phase II? I dont see any info for that on the application.
I sure hope that THP will NOT be using Phase II TDMA, as there are no scanners that will receive this. However, I was concerned before the administrator started this thread,as I noticed in the RadioReference database for the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System, which I think TROOPNET will be a part of, that two of the talk groups, #3 and #16231, under the Radio Technicians, at the bottom, show a "T" under the mode column which means "TDMA Capable".
Old 10-06-2012, 2:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question

Quote:

License application

73's

Ron
I am going to try and program this system into my GRE 500, using the frequencies shown on the license, to find out if I can receive any traffic. Should I program it as P25 Auto?
Old 10-06-2012, 2:47 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhtm350 View Post
Under the emission designators area of each frequency:

Quote:
Action Performed Add Emission Designator 9K80D7W Action Performed Add Emission Designator 8K10F7W
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...14&oldid=84113

This tells you what type of modulation will be used. From what I gather, this system will support Project 25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 modulation.

73's

Ron

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 10-06-2012 at 2:49 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 5:20 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimg View Post
I am going to try and program this system into my GRE 500, using the frequencies shown on the license, to find out if I can receive any traffic. Should I program it as P25 Auto?
Yes, that should work.

73's

Ron
Old 10-06-2012, 5:46 PM

alot of systems in the tenneessee area will be changing soon district 7 is going digital my local pd here in clarksville are going to new systems i heard nashville is getting one also,if they use p25 phase 1 i hope they don't encrypt it. i hear alot of agencies are going to be doing that.
Old 10-11-2012, 2:19 AM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Here is an existing license modification for TEMA 800 MHz sites. They are modifying the emission designator to: 9K80D7W. This is "P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA."

73's

Ron
Old 10-11-2012, 6:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Here is an existing license modification for TEMA 800 MHz sites. They are modifying the emission designator to: 9K80D7W. This is "P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA."

73's

Ron
Thus far I have not heard anything on the Troopnet frequencies I programed into my Uniden 396XT or GRE-500. However, I still receive TEMA traffic on the TVTRS system on both radios, and THP on low-band. So, it appears they have not yet switched over. I hope that GRE and/or Uniden will come out with a new scanner SOON that will receive Phase II TDMA!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

So I guess we're supposed to put our Unid's for the TVRTS here huh? Well here it goes, anyone have any idea which prison uses space capsul names for different wings? Unid TGID 15105 is active and mentions Gemeni and Apollo gates and areas. I am wondering which prison this would be. It's not listed in the database. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2012, 5:27 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORN View Post
So I guess we're supposed to put our Unid's for the TVRTS here huh?
Yes. Since the TVRTS is being absorbed into Troopnet, it will make things much easier to identify talkgroups, since they will roam freely from each zone. It will be interesting to see if the future Memphis/Shelby County P-25 simulcast system will be a part of this system or not.

73's

Ron
Old 10-11-2012, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Under the emission designators area of each frequency:

Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki

This tells you what type of modulation will be used. From what I gather, this system will support Project 25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 modulation.

73's

Ron
Thanks for the webpage link for the designators. Didnt know it was there.

Last edited by jfhtm350; 10-11-2012 at 8:05 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2012, 2:44 AM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

The state of Tennessee, has applied for their first VHF-High band Troopnet trunking site. Located in Dover County, near the town of Stewart, this should be the first of many more VHF Phase II TDMA sites to come. More information is available on the FCC Web site:

License Application

73's

Ron

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 10-13-2012 at 2:50 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
The state of Tennessee, has applied for their first VHF-High band Troopnet trunking site. Located in Dover County, near the town of Stewart, this should be the first of many more VHF Phase II TDMA sites to come. More information is available on the FCC Web site:

License Application

73's

Ron
I can't quite understand why we're discussing an unmoitorable system here? It seems to me all this is depressing news. The scanner hobby is being snuffed out, at least when it comes to public safety, so I for one wouldn't want to be talking about such depressing news. I mean as far as I know I dot think any scanner maker out there is even attempting to make a unit that would crack MotoTRBO or this Phase II TDMA garbage. Then you have NEEDLESS encryption, geesh. Such sad times. P25 and digital technology is the worst thing that's happened for the scanner hobbyist.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORN View Post
I can't quite understand why we're discussing an unmoitorable system here? It seems to me all this is depressing news. The scanner hobby is being snuffed out, at least when it comes to public safety, so I for one wouldn't want to be talking about such depressing news. I mean as far as I know I dot think any scanner maker out there is even attempting to make a unit that would crack MotoTRBO or this Phase II TDMA garbage. Then you have NEEDLESS encryption, geesh. Such sad times. P25 and digital technology is the worst thing that's happened for the scanner hobbyist.
Easy now, the sky isn't falling, take a deep breath. TDMA IS monitorable with software, GRE also just released some beta firmware that supposedly does track true Phase II P25. Just because there's a chance of using encryption on this system doesn't mean everything is going to be locked down. As far as I know, I can count on both hands what systems are P25 and completely encrypted across the country.

Clearly there's enough to discuss here if we're already ~17 posts into this discussion. If all you have to contribute to the discussion is gloom and doom, then that's what it'll become. Let's keep it positive and minimize speculation until we actually see where this system is going, it's still early in it's infancy.
Old 10-13-2012, 1:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetman View Post
Easy now, the sky isn't falling, take a deep breath. TDMA IS monitorable with software, GRE also just released some beta firmware that supposedly does track true Phase II P25. Just because there's a chance of using encryption on this system doesn't mean everything is going to be locked down. As far as I know, I can count on both hands what systems are P25 and completely encrypted across the country.

Clearly there's enough to discuss here if we're already ~17 posts into this discussion. If all you have to contribute to the discussion is gloom and doom, then that's what it'll become. Let's keep it positive and minimize speculation until we actually see where this system is going, it's still early in it's infancy.
Does this mean that the GRE-800 can now be upgraded to receive TDMA Phase II?
Old 10-13-2012, 1:29 PM
Database Admin

Supposedly,

Check out: http://forums.radioreference.com/gre...psr-800-a.html

Tags