TN DOF Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
They usually have one stationed at elizabethton airport. I've seen em in the area up here before. They use the regular federal forestry frequencies from what I remember.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Your a little more south than I am. All of our Federal Aircraft that are Forestry related operate on Cherokee North Freqs.

GKolo

I get USFS on 169.925 here for the south end of Cherokee NF, but the state DOF fly's on 159.135 and spots fires in the whole SE part of the state. I enjoy listening to them spotting fires.... I

jfhtm350

I get USFS on 169.925 here for the south end of Cherokee NF, but the state DOF fly's on 159.135 and spots fires in the whole SE part of the state. I enjoy listening to them spotting fires.... I

Is there any certain part of the day they are most active? I will tune in and see if I get anything.

GKolo

They only fly when its prime for fires, I have heard them once since last spring.
They used Air31 as a callsign.

GKolo

Yea my area of expertise is wildland fire so i keep a ear on them all the time.
They tell where they are and where they are going or where the fire is and if anyone is around it.
I even added those 2 aircraft to my flight tracker in case they ever file a flight plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.