Oak Ridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vontar

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering, does anyone know if Oak Ridge Tn recently, like in the last couple days switched?

I had no problems listening to them say Last Friday and now I am no longer picking up PD.

I still get the FD and the Power guys that where in the same Trunk.

I have expected a switch for a while now, and believe it might finally be here.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
A switch to??? TVRTRS??? A tad more data please. The more we know, the more we can help, and thus the more you know. :)

vontar

Premium Subscriber
Sorry. I am not well versed in scanners. Mainly listened for years but not much on programming or the tech behind them.

I know I have a Radio Shack Pro 97, triple trunking (analog).
I program with Win 97.
I have reloaded and reprogrammed the Oak Ridge Public Safety channels again tonight to make sure it is current as possible.

In short, I know what I am picking up and noticable I am not picking up the Oak Ridge Police any more.
I pick up everything else I normally pick up.

I also know there has been a plan for them to switch or upgrade to digital but I don't have any more details on that sorry.

I will say the person that broadcasts for Anderson Co is broadcasting them. I have sent a PM to him. Maybe a local can let me know if something changed for sure or not.

vontar

Premium Subscriber
OK after reprogramming a couple times to no effect and after a night of sleep followed by a day in the salt mine I tried again.

First I could if I manually stopped it on some channels I could pick up the PD, thought that is strange, seems nothing really changed on their side. Local friends told me they had no trouble.

So I got out win97 again and was looking things over and under the alpha tags I noticed a lock out on one, it was the orpd dispatch. Un-check it and things are back to normal again.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the OOPS club! Been there several times myself. Glad to hear you found and fixed the issue. :)

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
Hello.
Glad ya got it working again. Just to add, ORPD has a few talkgroups as digital, that they use for there narc teams, and as I hear, are going to be adding more for encrypted PD traffic. But daily PD stuff as of now is still analog.

BTW, sorry I didn't get your PM yesterday. I think I have an old email address on file that im gonna change here in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.