Sevier County Sheriff decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Congrats Danny! Glad you're finally making progress. Do I see a Kenwood radio addition in your future or are you going to keep it to just DSD for a while?

jfhtm350

Look at you all over it. Have you had any luck with Turbo and the sevier co electric system or pigeon forge fire dept? Looks like you have been playing with that for well over a year.

Ive thought about monkeying around with dsd, but at the time it was only availble for linux and I dont know if I want to be modifying my pro-106.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Dont mod the 106 unless you're ready, it is a hard install I fried my 106 trying to put a tap in place I did mod my bct-8 no prob way bigger area to work with the spot on the 106 is so small. I decode provoice here in Clarksville

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

n4yek

Look at you all over it. Have you had any luck with Turbo and the sevier co electric system
TRBO is no problem, Newport Utilities run TRBO now and I can decode them 100%. I have decoded Sevier County Electric, but not as well since I have a weak signal of them at my house. I have never tried to decode Pigeon Forge Fire, they are too far away from me to try.
Looks like you have been playing with that for well over a year.
Ive thought about monkeying around with dsd, but at the time it was only availble for linux and I dont know if I want to be modifying my pro-106.

You definitely want to be sure you have the ability to do a modification to your scanner, like already stated you can destroy a radio if you are not careful.
I like my DSD, i started with the Linux version but the windows version is just as good and thats what i run now.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Hey Danny, please send us the RAN's for the NXDN systems you do decode, and Color Codes for TRBO's. TY!

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
this is good to hear, as my towns PD and FD went to NXDN, I have a bct-8 and someone who will install the tap for me, is this difficult to do after the tap is installed?

n4yek

The Program is real easy to use, what you need to hope for is that your area is using NXDN 96 which is 12.5 Khz bandwidth and NOT NXDN 48 which is 6.25 Khz bandwidth. Reason being DSD does not decode NXDN 48 very well at all.
The trunk system in Sevier county is NXDN 48 and DSD can't decode anything from it.

Note for all: I have not heard anything since that day in the original post. They might have been on that one repeater NOT using trunk for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.